*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Worse not better ...

Discussion in 'Loss from Substance Abuse' started by Katiebug17, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Katiebug17

Katiebug17 Member

Heroin took my fiance on June 21st, 2019. My heart is broken, I no longer feel complete . I hate it here . I have awful depression and anxiety the only thing that keeps me going is being 8 months pregnant with a little girl. As I get closer to my due date it seems like coping with my lose is only getting harder . My mind constantly thinks about how he should be here and of all the things he is going to be missing out on . I try to be grateful for the time we did have together here on earth but, the bad out weighs the good . Who decided that our chapter was to be cut short anyways ? I can honestly say that my daughter is the only reason I'm alive. Sending love to anyone going through a difficult time.

2. griefic

griefic Administrator Staff Member

Katie, I am so sorry for your loss. You're dealing with so much right now - a sudden and tragic illness that is so new, and all that change that goes with it, all while going through such a beautiful but scary and emotional thing like pregnancy. When we lose the people we love, we not only lose our time with them in the present, but all of the things that they should be here for and aren't. It makes it so hard to cope because the future is always upon us and the triggers that come with it are everywhere. I hope your little girl can bring you some comfort, and in the midst of all that change that having a baby will bring I hope you can continue to find support and get comfort with your grief. We often put our needs aside as mothers, and it will be important to still find a time and place to grieve. I hope you can find that here, and I hope we can offer you the support you need. We're here to help~

3. Katiebug17

Katiebug17 Member

I know my daughter will bring me much happiness . At the same time it will be bittersweet missing a huge part of our lives . It's a blessing to have a little piece of him live on in her . The pain will always be there he was my soulmate ... I feel so lost.