*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

why is this happening now?

Discussion in 'Loss of Sibling' started by Katynicole189, Mar 9, 2019.

1. Katynicole189

Katynicole189 New Member

My name is Katy and I'm just here because I'm feeling a bit alone and lost. I don't know how I can feel alone when I am surrounded my people so often. My sister died 15 years ago in a car accident and although I have found much healing already I find that I still struggle, I am afraid that I'm going to loose more people and I constantly feel like I have to have my phone on at night in case something happens to a friend or loved one and I need to be reached. We weren't able to be reached when my sister died and I think that has a lot to do with it. My grandparents pretty much raised me and they died about 10 years ago (6 months apart). I often feel like I should be better by now because they happened so long ago but I'm not so I'm hoping I'm not the only one! I would love to come along side others to support them as well, I hate that we all have to be apart of this club but the nice thing is we have each other to lean on!

griefic likes this.
  2. griefic

griefic Administrator Staff Member

Katy, I'm so sorry for your losses and all that you've had to deal with. I think a lot of grievers can relate to feeling alone, even when they have people around them much of the time. Grief is very isolating - it has a way of setting us apart from the people closest to us, and to make us feel like we can no longer relate to others in the way we did before. Our perspective of the world changes, and our ability to trust that everything will be okay and turn out just fine has been mostly shattered, especially in the case of multiple losses. The long held fear of waiting for the other shoe to drop is something a lot of grievers can't seem to let go of, no matter how much time has passed. Rebuilding our faith in the world can take time, A LOT of time, but like most things I think it can come with a willingness to have trust again. Fear and worry rarely make things better, and I can't think of too many examples where worry stopped a bad thing from happening. Reaching out for help can be such a wonderful way to start and may be a new beginning for what lies ahead. I'm glad you are here and I thank you for sharing your story with us. I hope you can find some support and comfort, we're here to help~

3. Katynicole189

Katynicole189 New Member

Thank you so much for your response and for being here.