*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Why do my kids worry about their grief but not mine?

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by Jeffsjohnson, Nov 11, 2020.

1. Jeffsjohnson

Jeffsjohnson Active Member

I’m devastated. Everything just adds completely. So I have two houses, one near the kids and the one in which they grew up. I sold the main home in 15 minutes, and now the kids give me shit...I did it too fast...am I making the right decision...how could you sell our childhood home....you are disrespecting mom. This is killing me. How do you get through this?

2. Mary0128

Mary0128 Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry you are going through this. You have to do what is right for you. It's part of the grief journey. My husband Jeff and I bought a new home in 3/2016 in 7/2017 he was diagnosed with metastatic esophageal cancer and in 1/2018 he was gone. I still live in the house but I do not feel obligated to keep it. The memories are not in the house, they are in my heart. I have given my kids some of his belongings that entice wonderful memories but they are just things they are not the memories. It must be hard to be going through the long road of grief with your family questioning your journey. I'm sorry.
    -Mary