*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Where are you from?

Discussion in 'Grief in Common Updates, Questions & Answers' started by griefic, Jul 25, 2017.

1. jay.cheek

jay.cheek Member

I live in Tulsa Ok is anybody grieving loss of spouse in surrounding area.

2. Winkie

Winkie New Member

I am from outside Philadelphia.

Michele22 likes this.
  3. jay.cheek

jay.cheek Member

hello there how are you doing today

4. Winkie

Winkie New Member

I just started. I lost my husband 10 months ago. I am doing ok but the waves of disbelief come and go. How are you?

5. jay.cheek

jay.cheek Member

I am doing Ok. Just hard to believe my wife/best friend is gone.

6. Winkie

Winkie New Member

I totally understand. The disbelief is so hard and comes to me multiple times a day. I know if we are out and about it would be somewhat easier but with our current pandemic it has made it such an extreme challenge

Saylynn likes this.
  7. jay.cheek

jay.cheek Member

yes that Crazy pandemic puts a hold on everyday life. We will get through this. Overcoming the loneliness will be a challenge with this pandemic happening.

Saylynn likes this.
  8. Bevstuart

Bevstuart Member

Hi, I am from Seattle, anyone else out there in the Seattle/Puget Sound area? I lost my husband May 3. Joined this site a few weeks ago.

I am from Seattle. I lost my husband May 3 of this year. Joined this site a few weeks ago. Anyone else in the Seattle/Puget Sound area?

9. kellymarz

kellymarz New Member

I'm from Papillion, NE

10. Tearul

Tearul New Member

I'm in the Central Coast of California. Anyone near by?

11. Nectar99

Nectar99 Member

I'm from New Jersey.

12. Saylynn

Saylynn New Member

I’m from Florida, lonely after loosing my husband then lost my adult daughter. Seems my in-laws went away when my husband died then my granddaughters (2) affiliate with their dad’s family.

My granddaughters are teenagers now. I rarely see them.

The statement “people will be in your life if they want to be in your life” keeps going through my mind all the time when I miss the little family I have left.

13. Tearul

Tearul New Member

Thanks for sharing that, Savlnn. I’m struggling being alone as well. I moved across country and am not good at making friends; I’m not good at small talk... and ‘big’ talk doesn’t really occur without starting with small talk. Appreciate hearing from you!

Kathleen 56 and Saylynn like this.
  14. Saylynn

Saylynn New Member

Tearful, I’m from Florida. My coping with the loneliness used to be travel to get away. Keeps from being lonely while at home. I could always find a friend to travel with. But the Pandemic has prevented most of my travel. I’m now home alone every single day to face my loss.

I feel the few close friends I have are over listening to my woes of me missing my husband and now my daughter. I never imagined being this alone during my married life and then my daughter died brings the loneliness up yet another notch. This latest loss, four years ago, has been the worst.

I'm sure everyone on this site knows this pain. Today is an exceptionally bad day. Maybe tomorrow will better and I can be helpful by lending an ear to them.

15. jay.cheek

jay.cheek Member

Hi I'm from Tulsa Oklahoma anyone from Surrounding Area.

16. SallyD

SallyD Well-Known Member

Hi. I'm in California....Southern California, to be a little more exact....a city not all that far from Los Angeles. Missing my brother a lot, my last
    close relative. He helped me a lot, too, because of my health problems--I tried to help him, but I guess it wasn't good enough. Best to everyone.

17. I live in Tucson who also does like to talk to widows or widowers who have lost their spouse recently

18. Kathleen 56

Kathleen 56 Active Member

Myrtle Beach,South Carolina. Originally from Niskayuna New York. Relocated after my daughters death.

19. Kathleen 56

Kathleen 56 Active Member

I also relocated after my daughters death. Not easy meeting new people. Of course the Covid 19 quarantine is a issue. I am trying to give it a go. No place feels like home.

20. jay.cheek

jay.cheek Member

I am from Tulsa Ok

Kathleen 56 likes this.