*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Where are you from?

Discussion in 'Grief in Common Updates, Questions & Answers' started by griefic, Jul 25, 2017.

1. griefic

griefic Administrator Staff Member

Something kind of neat has been happening on our site as we grow and expand...I see a lot of people posting where they are located, and searching for others who may be close by.

For example: "I'm from St. Augustine, Florida. Anyone from my area?"...

You see, that's the whole reason why this website was created. It's wonderful to find the support online and to be able to sign in anytime from anywhere and find others who understand. But we know that the loneliness in grief can be best combated when we get to spend face to face time with those who can relate to what we're going through.

So let us know...where are you from? As this site grows and every day we add new members, there is a greater chance there is someone close by whom you may one day consider a friend.

Post below and remember you can always do a search by going to "Make a Connection" and then "Find Others Who Are Grieving". For now you can search by state, but as we get bigger we will be narrowing that field down to be more specific.

And don't forget, your safety is our #1 priority. We have safety tips on our homepage and I encourage you to review them here. http://griefincommon.com/pages/safety-tips/. Finally, remember that this site is always being monitored. Every post and every sign up is reviewed carefully, and we are constantly working to create an environment that is safe and comfortable for grievers to be. If you have any questions or concerns you can reach out to us anytime! You will get a quick response.

Thanks, and remember to let other grievers know...where are you from? You may just find a new friend close by.

Karyl, Pilar, MarisolNY and 11 others like this.
  2. Nicole Evans

Nicole Evans Member

I live in the White Mountains of Arizona...the Pinetop/Lakeside/Show Low area. Would love to meet in person if anyone is interested.

3. PhyllisG

PhyllisG Active Member

I'm live in Fairhope, Alabama, which is just east of Mobile, Alabama, on the Gulf Coast.

Taiga, TammyP, Tammlamm and 1 other person like this.
  4. Janice

Janice New Member

I live in the mountains of Western North Carolina...anyone close by?

Em66, Tammlamm and griefic like this.
  5. neurochild

neurochild New Member

North Bend Washington

Jobe, Tammlamm and griefic like this.
  6. Christina Wyman

Christina Wyman New Member

I live in the Poconos, Pa

lbrearey09, Michele22, Ceee and 5 others like this.
  7. Dianne De Mott Levi

Dianne De Mott Levi New Member

Oakland, New Jersey

lbrearey09, Adriel and griefic like this.
  8. Ann Mckay

Ann Mckay Member

I am in Tennessee

Collinsar11, Adriel and griefic like this.
  9. Milemile

Milemile New Member

I am on Long Island, NY

PINKCANDIEZ, Adriel and griefic like this.
  10. GotAngelzInTheSkyy

GotAngelzInTheSkyy New Member

I'm from Michigan as well.

janetol6, diaszy, Adriel and 2 others like this.
  11. Rob B

Rob B Member

Ontario, Canada. About an hour from the Bluewater Bridge

12. Linda M

Linda M New Member

hey janice, i'm on the coast of nc in morehead city. would enjoy meeting you if you ever make it out this way or we could meet up somewhere between. i just read that the long island medium woman (can't remember her name at the moment) will be at DPAC in Durham in early April - would you be interested in going and meeting up in RDU area?

13. Faith46

Faith46 New Member

I Live here in Pennsylvania Schuylkill County

lbrearey09, Michele22, Ceee and 2 others like this.
  14. Jdpatton

Jdpatton New Member

15. Suzetteg

Suzetteg New Member

I am from North Carolina. Love to communicate with someone from here.

frdanger, MissAdalay and griefic like this.
  16. Kay

Kay New Member

I am from Fort Worth Tx

Taiga, Mericamom, Adriel and 2 others like this.
  17. Sdjs42216

Sdjs42216 New Member

Illinois

jimoth001, Debra M, Sue M and 2 others like this.
  18. kappie63

kappie63 New Member

I'm in the Central Valley of California

Debra M, Linda63 and griefic like this.
  19. JaneMerrit

JaneMerrit New Member

I’m from Boston Massachusetts.