*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

What do you do when you're feeling lonely?

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by David Hughes, Sep 26, 2019.

1. Liley773

Liley773 Well-Known Member

Ty so very much. We are all in this together and need to lean on each other. I definitely will. You enjoy your time with the grandbabies. I hope it helps.

2. Michael beck

Michael beck Well-Known Member

Yes yes thats why I am so glad ifound thus site..
    It is great and help me so much..
    I'm trying to relax and im going to start running.. Or get me a bicycle. Am going to start one of the other to to keep busy and use that time to unwrap my mind..
    I'm bad about setting and getting depressed too..

Also my jib offered me a real good paying run to Toledo oh. And back to louisville 3 trips a week and home every weekend im excited about that hipe it works out ..

3. glego

glego Well-Known Member

Michael, congrats on the new run, that should be a good thing for you. I go out on a drive to get my mind off of things, it helps. I wish I could run, (bad knees) my husband had ordered a bike shortly before he went back into the hospital, he kept asking me to pick it up. I told him I had called the shop and they were holding it for him it was winter. I promised that I would pick it up soon. Little did I know he'd never get to ride that bike let alone see it.

4. Michael beck

Maybe when your are ready you coukd get the bike he has and you use it..
    That could very therapeutic dor you on some level.
    Meaning you couls focus on you for a minute and at same time remember your husband and all the goods times you had together..
    I didnt know you husband but I dont think ge would want you to go without taking care of yourself..
    He is watchung over you and guuding you I beleive windy is..
    Ahe helped get me the new job opportunity..
    So you take of youraelf get out get some fresh air and remember while riding your living husbands bike..

5. glego

glego Well-Known Member

I did pick up the bike, it was some months after. I called the shop and told them what happened they agreed to hold it for me. I haven't had the heart to get on it. Maybe I'll do it next week, my birthday comes first his a week later, we always did something in between the two to celebrate. I'll consider it a memorial ride, to celebrate his life and remember what I know he'd want me to do, which is carry on. He on a few occasions said that maybe it was time for him to die (his words) that I should start a new life, of course I didn't want to hear it. I'd shoot back that I could easily get run over by the bus that goes way too fast in front of our home. That even though he was ill that life is fleeting and can surprise us; that he may be here after me. I wish that were the case.

6. Michael beck

I personally think a memorial ride would be good for you dear..
    Do something like that to remember and honor Ron's memory..
    I have often wished and I preyed so hard that the lord would give windy what life I have left ..to let me trade places with windy..
    I wanted her to have the life she deserved even if it meant that I was the one to die..i would have in less than a heart beat traded places with windy..
    Like you I know at some point. We will have to start over and carry on ..
    Me personally not even close to thinking about that.
    But I know i will..
    Windy would want me to carry on as best I can...

7. glego

glego Well-Known Member

Ron is Robin's (RLC) just a note.

I never would consider it starting over, as he'll always be apart of me. Knowing that gives me some peace. I've said it on many threads here, I know they'd want us to be happy, we would want the same for them.

8. Michael beck

Thats is so true..
    Windy will always be my wife and first love..
    And yes she would want me to be happy and me for her.
    Everything in this life i done for her.
    Ive told my daughter in our many talks.. I just feel so lost.
    So empty..
    A hugh hole in my life that can never be filled.

9. Liley773

Liley773 Well-Known Member

Totally agree with feeling lost and a huge hole.....feel that daily as we all do.

10. Michael beck

11. Michael beck

So sorry for getting your husbands name muxed up.. Im really sorry..
    No excuse..
    I hope you are doing better..

12. glego

glego Well-Known Member

Michael, no worries, don't be so hard on yourself, easy mistake. :)

13. Michael beck

Thank you..
    I just get embarrassed easy..
    Hope you are doing. Well..

14. glego

glego Well-Known Member

Doing well, big storms blew threw today, need to get on my roof and make my shingles are all there. I hope you had a better day today.

15. Michael beck

Yea I gotta say it'll be a month on the 17th. And me and my kids are doing ok..
    I still have my moments where ill drift back and windy was with me and life was good.. I still as you can imagine. Wished this was just a bad dream..
    Well you be carefull on the roof..
    Take care. And god bless ypu and your family

16. glego

glego Well-Known Member

You're so early in this, it's difficult. Thank you for the blessings, you and yours too.