*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Wedding Anniversary

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by LindaH, Dec 16, 2018.

1. LindaH

LindaH Well-Known Member

Yesterday was my Anniversary. My husband and I had been together for 54 years!

First year he passed I received flowers from my kids just like every other year.
    Last year I received text messages that they were thinking of me.
    This year nobody mentioned it.

My question is should it still be acknowledged like other years or is normal for it to be forgotten?
    I will never forget the day we were married and it hurts me that others seem to want to forget it.
    Not sure what is normally done when someone has lost a spouse.

2. Saintgrl74

Saintgrl74 Active Member

I lost my husband this October and our 10th was supposed to be on November 8. People only acknowledged it really because I said something. I don’t believe it should be forgotten, I think people just are not aware of how special that day is and always will be. Big hugs to you

3. LindaH

LindaH Well-Known Member

Now that I think of it I did mention it the first year. I guess I just assumed since the day meant so much to me that everyone should acknowledge it.
    Next year instead of getting my feelings hurt.. I will mention it and see what happens.
    My thoughts are with you. I remember that year of first's that your going to experience. Hugs to you!

Saintgrl74 likes this.