*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Wandering widow

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by shellybean1103, Apr 23, 2018.

1. shellybean1103

shellybean1103 New Member

I am so thankful to have come across this website. I am in desperate need of kindred spirits, people who know a little about what I'm going through.

My husband, Marcus, was killed in an accident at work in January. We'd just gotten married in September. However, our story goes back for half of my life. He was my very first boyfriend when I was a freshman in high school. My very first love. I broke up with him the following school year for circumstances beyond his and my control. However, thanks to the power of social media, we were able to keep in touch on occasion as we checked in on one another. Our 20's were very troubled in different ways, but we found ourselves reconnecting when we were 30 (he's 2 weeks older than me) and were off to a wonderful start to the rest of our lives together.

I am surrounded by many well-meaning, loving family and friends. But very few are widows, and those who are, are older women from church who lost their husbands after years of marriage.

I am struggling with not only losing my Prince Charming, and our Happily Ever After, but also all the other secondary losses of all the future things that we should have done together, and things I now have to do alone.

I'm so thankful to have a wonderful relationship with God and knowing He holds me and hurts with me.

2. Scoutpete

Scoutpete Member

Dear WW, I am so sorry and know your pain and feel it too. The wondering of what if can be maddening. I have no words of comfort other than I am there, too. I think it helps to know that we are not alone in our grief. Friends who still have their husbands and life can't understand the deep never ending pain. Know that you are not alone

3. joyce ng s

joyce ng s New Member

we all have the same pain... and its true that our friends who still have their husband dont understand us and couldnt care less of what we are getting through..

we just have to stay stronger together and pray for each others comfort