*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Unexpectedly lost fiancé

Discussion in 'Grief in Common Updates, Questions & Answers' started by Kehau, Aug 30, 2021.

1. Kehau

Kehau New Member

My fiancé died in his sleep August 6th. He was someone who struggled with drugs. I believe him to have been clean, and we thought he had a heart attack, but I found a baggie in his wallet. Filled baggie. Anyway, he was my soulmate we were talking about our wedding the night before. I just don’t know how to do this. Some days are easy some are extremely hard. I just feel alone, he was my home, and now I feel lost.

2. DanniK

DanniK New Member

I lost my fiancé August 3rd 2023, the day before my daughters birthday and a week before the one year of my uncle who was murdered. My fiancé also struggled with addiction he just got out of prison again and was in half way house supposed to be getting out within the next few weeks before he died but the facility he was at did not drug test unless a p.o requested so my fiancé just got off work got his ankle monitor off and decided he was going to use oxy which he hadn't used in a little over 4 years but for some reason this day he did and it was laced with fentynol... I was at home he was at his mom's I had a missed call from him around the time of his death and I can't stop thinking that maybe that was his call for help or he wanted someone to try to talk him out of it..I miss him so bad we had so many plans we were supposed to go paddle boating that Saturday before he died.I'm sorry i fell like I'm rambling I just wanted to say I can kinda relate in a way of what your possibly going through and I'm so sorry for your loss. Addiction sucks and it takes the most amazing souls..