*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Trying to recover after the loss of my Wife

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by MarkM, Mar 15, 2020.

1. Myhoney

Myhoney Guest

Your post was quite inspirational! I lost my husband 1 month ago and am struggling. Your post gave me a bit of a boost and hope ..thank you for sharing! Nancy

glego likes this.
  2. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Laura,
    I am so sorry for the loss of your husband. I understand and know exactly what you mean when you say in some ways it feels like forever and other ways it feels so resent. Strange how that is but I get it. It’s about 20 months since I lost my husband suddenly to a massive heart attack. He didn’t have any health issues. All the sudden he didn’t feel well, next thing I know he tells me it’s his chest, lost my soul mate 2 hours later. I went into shock, it was so unexpected, no signs of any issues at all. Ron was worked on by every cardiologist in the hospital. But sadly he lost the battle.
    We were together 24/7, owned and ran our business together and I had to close it. We did everything together, nothing feels right or normal anymore. We planned to retire this year and start traveling and do renovations on our home. Now I’m alone and there’s no plans. No routines or schedules, and I miss that.
    You’re right our loved ones would want us to move forward and enjoy life. But it’s very hard. I use Ron as my inspiration to keep going. I want him to be proud of me. He helps me get through each day, even though I miss him so very much. Loneliness is horrible.
    You’re so right that this feels a million times worse then anyone could ever imagine.
    I found this site at 11 months and it has helped me more then I ever expected. Reading and sharing stories on here with people who know exactly what you’re going through, is so helpful.
    We all need to keep moving forward towards better days.

3. glego

glego Well-Known Member

Thank you, Myhoney. Sorry for the late reply. Got caught up in putting out work fires. I hope everyone keeps the faith. I head out to NYC tomorrow, it's bittersweet, my husband who didn't like to travel much loved going there. He always wanted to make it back, however it was just too much for him.

Barry likes this.