*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Today is funeral

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by Almso70, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Almso70

Almso70 Well-Known Member

Well the funeral was beautiful i think more than 200 people showed that was nice i fot to c old friends and children that are growing up my step brother made tokens for everyone to take they said change for chappy thats all my brother ever wanted he always said if you can change one mind at a time to love and listen you r doing great today was the first day i kinda let my guard down a little just being with are old friends and talking about good times we shared together helped me!!!!! More than i could imagine

LouiseP57, JMD and Sweetcole like this.
  2. Sweetcole

Sweetcole Well-Known Member

I'm sorry for your loss. Talking to people does help. I'm glad that you enjoyed talking about good times with friends. I hope you continue to talk to people. Sometimes after the funeral is over people stay away. So you may have to be the one to reach out. Praying you continue to have strength to get through your loss

LouiseP57 likes this.
  3. JMD

JMD Well-Known Member

Glad to hear the service was healing. I know you were worried about it. It sounds lovely and 200 people is quite a tribute. Speaks loudly to who your brother was to many people. I agree, with Sweetcole, after the service many start to fade away and you will still need support. We sometimes have to teach others what we need. There will be some who can hang in there with you. Keep reaching out, take care of yourself and don’t push yourself too hard. Praying for your peace.

LouiseP57 likes this.
  4. Almso70

Almso70 Well-Known Member

Thank you all so much