*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

To Soyoon (소윤), my starlight.

Discussion in 'Loss of Sibling' started by hwayoung, Jan 9, 2019.

1. hwayoung

hwayoung New Member

Today I felt like talking about my friend Soyoon (소윤).

Soyoon was born on the 7th of May, 1999 in Daegu, South Korea. Her mother is of Korean descent and her father is of Dutch descent (from The Netherlands), meaning she was a Korean-Dutch mix. She has an older brother named Taesung and they've lived their whole lives in Daegu, about a three hour drive from where I live (Seosan). I met her through Tumblr where I followed her almost a year ago and we quickly became mutuals. We had the same interests, which was crying over Bangtan Sonyeondan. It didn't matter to us that we had a five year age difference. In fact, she thought it was pretty cool I was the same age as her bias Yoongi. She was the sweetest, most thoughtful and warmest person that I knew and it was always the biggest pleasure to be able to talk to her.

In early October of this year Soyoon deactivated because of health reasons, but she gave me her Twitter and I followed her there. I asked her what was going on and she told me all about her health condition and what caused her to deactivate for a while. She eventually came back to Tumblr in late November of 2018 but wasn't as active as she had been before. I regret now that I never went to Daegu to meet her in person.

Soyoon unfortunately passed away in the early hours of December 16th, 2018 due to a herniation in her brain following treatment for glioblastoma stage IV cancer.

Soyoon glowed like the warmest shade of yellow, her existence in my life and the lives of so many others was a treasure more precious than any gold. Though she may not be with us any longer, the kindness and hope she spread in the world is everlasting. She was studying the universe and wanted to become an astrophysicist, so if you have some time today please look at the sky. Make a wish on the extra star that is there, make a wish for its peace. Soyoon was an honor to know and love, so please keep her in your heart.

어떤 순간들은 오래도록 남아 생의 온기를 지피는 난로가 되어, 추운 날을 버티는 힘이 되기도 한다.
    우리는 다시 만날 때까지, 소윤.

07/05/1999 - 16/12/2018
    "To forever, across the stars, and beyond any universe."

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. hwayoung

hwayoung New Member

I just realized I posted this in the wrong thread. I am sorry, I was supposed to post this in the sudden loss thread. I hope you are not mad.