The Love of my Life Suddenly Left Me

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by Missingbeau, Sep 8, 2019.

1. Missingbeau

Missingbeau New Member

I was in a relationship w a Wonderful Man for the last 8 years. A One of a Kind we never argued and never had a bad day! I am 45 and he was 48. We lived about 2 hours apart and we planned to move in together next spring when I finished school. He hid the fact that he was battling cancer from me and his family. He passed suddenly from a reaction to a Chemo treatment in August 12, 2019. I am devastated and feel like I’ll never be able to move on. He treated better than ANY Man I ever met in my life and I wanted to be w him forever. His family is very receptive of me and our relationship and having them supporting me helps a lot. Now I want to move out of state next spring to be near my family. Does it get better? I still can’t eat or sleep or anything. Everything reminds me of him. Gone too soon this is so Unfair.

2. PeggySue

PeggySue Member

I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost my husband of 36 yrs to a heart attack on 8-1. I dont know if if gets better. This just really stinks. This wasnt suppose to be this way, we had so many plans. Everything reminds me of him also. Again IDK, I have no answers. But know you are not alone.

3. samtom

samtom New Member

I lost my husband of 50 years August 26 suddenly to a massive heart attack we would be married 51 years Sept 14.......i still find it surreal ..I listen for him all the time i look at his favorite chair and the ache and pain is unbearable because he is not there....I can't sleep in our bed ..his things are exactly where he left them..I can't wash his hamper of dirty clothes I don't want to...the days are so hard especially the mornings as we had a set routine and it is so painful....I never in a million years expected he would leave first he was so confident he would live to be very very old......he was 74 when he left....the house feels so empty and quiet...I have lost all interest in activities I use to do ....