*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

The Comfort of Home

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by KAC-LJC, Jul 18, 2020.

1. KAC-LJC

KAC-LJC New Member

One of the things that has brought me joy & a sense of comfort has been Our Home. He's everyhere in here & I feel surrounded by his Love. I slept holding onto one of his sweatshirts for the first month. I could smell him & I felt better. I have his running shoes on the staircase, his baseball cap & watch on the dining table where he left them. He's part of every day & he always will be.

Barry likes this.
  2. Barry

Barry Well-Known Member

You're exactly right to feel this way and do the things you're doing. My home is the same way. Filled with almost everything by my sweet wife of 25 years, Peg. I don't think I could ever leave this place. It would be like leaving Peg. She died suddenly on an otherwise beautiful Nov morning from a massive brain anyurism. I'm 8 and a half months past that day now and just now starting to feel like I can go on. In the beginning I hated being at home. I was much better at work so I work as much as possible. Now I love this home,as you do, because it is filled with the love of my life! Find peace and love anyway you can. I believe happiness will come back one day.

Onesimus likes this.