*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Surreal

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by wadeshirley, Mar 24, 2020.

?

What question

1. Ok

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Ok

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. wadeshirley

wadeshirley New Member

This sux so bad, after 45 years together, kidney stone surgery, goes south and the last two weeks are ...you're kidding, no way, unaccepted, screaming yelling, denial, lost, no way, no no no. I have family, great so -called support group but I am so self- absorbed over Shirley that nothing helps . Nothing. Short periods of whatever, then back to it all the time. I hear things you've heard and maybe even said before like, "it takes time and you will get over it" well, i say forget it. Don't tell me what should or will happen .all I know is Shirley isn't here and I can't stand it.

2. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

I’m so sorry for your loss. I know how you’re feeling, the frustration, loneliness, denial, and I’m afraid there is no magic that helps with the never ending pain. I lost my husband suddenly to to a heart attack, he had no warning signs, in 2 hours I lost the love of my life. We were together 44 years, and now I’m alone. So yes I know exactly what you feeling and going through.
    I’ve found this site very helpful, for whatever reason reading other people’s stories and sharing your own is very helpful. I believe it because everyone on here is going through the same torture and understands. You’re not alone in how you’re feeling.