*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Suddenly taken at 23

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by Shellbell8706, Dec 4, 2016.

1. Shellbell8706

Shellbell8706 New Member

I lost my fiance in a car accident over 2 years ago. We were supposed to get married and start our lives together 6 months after the accident. He was healthy as a horse, he had incredible faith, and he was a passenger. So it all seems unfair. I know life's not fair in logic but things like this really take the cake. I've been to counseling, church, griefshare groups, and read tons of books to cope with this. While I think I've made improvements in some areas, I feel stuck in others. There's a big gaping hole where he was in my heart. I still feel the loss, longing, and pain. It's not quite as intense but it's always there, nagging at me. I know this won't completely go away and apart of me doesn't want it to because I don't want to dishonor his memory and forget about him. But I would like to be understood which seems to be difficult to find that's unique to my situation.

2. Kim r

Kim r New Member

Hi Shellbell8706. I'm so sorry for your loss. I was with my husband for 27 years before his heart attack so my situation is not similar, but that does not mean your loss is any less hard than mine. I'm sure you loved your fiancé so much and I also feel that big gaping hole. I don't know if we'll ever lose that and in a way maybe we are not supposed to. Maybe that is the sign of an amazing love. If you ever need an ear feel free to message me.

3. Shellbell8706

Shellbell8706 New Member

Thank you! I'm sorry for your loss too. None of it is easy. I appreciate your understanding!