*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Sudden loss

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by Andi69, May 15, 2020.

1. Andi69

Andi69 New Member

Recently lost my Mother and finding it really hard to cope as she was a big part of my life

2. K4A6

K4A6 Member

I am so sorry to hear of your mothers passing. I lost my dad a few months ago, suddenly, it has been such a journey. I miss him with all my heart, when I think of him I think of all that should have been and could have been. I feel your pain and offer my thoughts. I take it day by day as that is all I can do. I think of him often, I try to journal all my feelings and write to him, I cry when I need to and I just breathe. It comes in waves to me and it can be unbearable and it can be okay at times. Loss sucks, no matter how. But having it be sudden and not be able to say goodbye is so horrible and painful. please reach out for support and know that unfortunately so many people have lost someone :( and somehow we continue on, with a piece of ourselves missing and have to figure out how to navigate in this “new normal”. Take care

3. cg123

cg123 Well-Known Member

So sorry on the passing of your mother. I lost my mother over 30 years ago, my father 10 years ago and most recently my sister (my only sibling) whom I lived with and was my best friend. I wish there was an easy answer on coping with one's grief but there isn't. You just take it one day at a time and do the best you can each day. I still have crying moments when I deal with the fact that I am the only one left of my family - it is hard being all alone. I try to remember all the good times we shared and then have days when I feel stronger as you will too. Take care of yourself and I wish you well.