*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Sudden loss of my dad

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by Cloudsclouds, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Cloudsclouds

Cloudsclouds Member

Hi all, I’m new here. I very recently lost my dad to a heart attack. It was very shocking, as far as we all knew he was very healthy, but one day he just fell down and died they think instantly, and now everything is changed forever. It’s so hard. It’s even harder for me to process I feel because the day he passed away was on my very first wedding anniversary, and the day he found out he was going to be a grandfather. This just seems so unfair and cruel. I guess I’m wondering if anyone else has experienced anything similar?

2. griefic

griefic Administrator Staff Member

I'm so very sorry for your loss...terrible to have such a wonderful time be tinged with so much sadness. It will be hard to go through these milestones without your Dad - we lose the future we always hoped to have with them, and if you find there are moments that feel more bittersweet than joyful just know that's very normal and certainly to be expected. I hope you can find good support here and I hope you can find ways to incorporate your father into your lives and the lives of your children. There are people here who understand and I hope you can find some comfort here. I'm glad you've joined us. We're here to help~

3. Terrie_

Terrie_ New Member

Im so sorry for your loss.
    I lost my dad a little over 2 years ago very suddenly to heart complications but they are unable to tell us the exact cause of death which gives me no closure. He was a fit healthy fireman.
    Im getting married in september and i honestly dont know how im going to get down that aisle without him. Everyone just expects me to be ok.
    I have actually put off having children as i cant get over loosing my dad, so how am i meant to give my all to a child? How can he not be there to be a grandad?
    Im so glad you dad had the chance to hear he was going to be a grandad. I bet you made him so very happy. *sending hugs* x