*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

sudden loss of best friend

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by bev1311, Feb 13, 2019.

1. bev1311

bev1311 New Member

Even though, my relationship with my best friend was mainly long distance...we would see each other 5 to six times a year. Our relationship was golden. People search their whole lives for a relationship like ours..He was my best friend and more.. On Sunday January 6th, our day started out like every other day. We greeted each other with our daily morning chat. Later in the afternoon,he asked me to call and check on him..Okay, I said... Not thinking anything was wrong....when I called, he was already in distress...I think i'm dying...he said.....those was his last words to me......I still find it hard to believe he's gone..

2. Emily Brown

Emily Brown New Member

I've recently lost my best friend as well. He went missing, we think he drowned. you are in my thoughts. if you need someone to talk to you can message me if you want to. <3 stay strong. they would of wanted us to be okay.

TracyLynn likes this.
  3. bev1311

bev1311 New Member

Thank you for sharing...
    This is certainly a difficult time for both of us....
    And you're right....

They would want us to be okay....
    Bev.....

4. Emily Brown

Emily Brown New Member

Thinking what my friend would of wanted for me seems to be the only thing that actually makes me feel any better. When it overwhelms me I try to just picture what he would say to me in that moment. Nothing anyone else has said to me makes me feel better the way picturing what he would say does. But thats just me.

TracyLynn likes this.
  5. bev1311

bev1311 New Member

Your friend had a way of calming and soothing you. So did my friend. I know that I will never find another man who was so caring and concerned. I think about that and that's what gets me through.....

I understand completely......

TracyLynn likes this.