*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Sudden and unexpected loss

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by AshleyDiSano34, Apr 16, 2017.

1. AshleyDiSano34

AshleyDiSano34 New Member

I am recently a widow and lost my husband on 3/21/17 and was luving with him in rhode island at the time. A week after the funeral i was brought back home to my family in florida. I feel really lost and feel like i lost that connection. I am 32 and he was 35 we been together since i was 19. Now that i am in florida and cannot qualufy for coverage and cant afford the help i need ive been trying to find resources everywhere and have had no luck. I really dont know what to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated and welcomed. Thank you!

2. griefic

griefic Administrator Staff Member

Hi Ashley, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. It sounds like you are going through so much change and turmoil right now...unfortunately it is not uncommon when we have a loss to loss the stability and other things that could aid us as we try to cope. I am glad you have found our site. There are people here who have had a loss and can relate to what you are going through. If you haven't already you can do a search by going to "Make a Connection" and then "Find Others Who Are Grieving". From there you can do a search based on the criteria that is important to you. We always suggest keeping it minimal in the beginning only so you have more options of people to reach out to. There are grievers here who want to help, and who will welcome the opportunity to share their experiences. If we can be a help in any way or if you have any questions about the site and how it works, please let us know. Take care~

3. Ellen C

Ellen C Guest

Dear Ashley,
    I am so very sorry about your husband. To lose your loved one and especially at such a young age is very hard to deal with. I can imagine that you're in shock and totally devastated.
    I'm glad that you reached out and realized that you need some help in dealing with your loss. And even though it may not feel like it, it's good that you are surrounded by your family. When you say that you don't qualify for coverage, I assume that you're referring to medical coverage. If you're not employed, which I assume you're not, why can't you apply for coverage under Obamacare? It's still in effect and for someone who isn't working, it's affordable. They go by your income and if you need financial assistance, they provide it. Have you looked into that? With that said, perhaps a bereavement support group would help you. I got involved with them when I lost my daughter 15 years ago and then both my parents...12 years ago and 2 years ago. I found a tremendous amount of comfort just talking with and being around people who were dealing with the same heartbreak. Trust me, you're not alone. Please look into that because I think it would help you.

In the meantime, this site is a wonderful forum for being heard and understood. People from all walks of life and all with their own story. This is a safe place that may help you in the interim.

Please feel free to write back or message me anytime. I myself have dealt with a lot of loss and I have years of experience in dealing with everything that comes along with all the many stages of grief.

Be well and take good care of yourself~Ellen