*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Struggling to stay awake

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by Jannyb, Jun 14, 2020.

1. Jannyb

Jannyb Member

My fiance was killed in a cycling accident 5 weeks ago. Yesterday had bad news that the supposed witnesses weren't witnesses, but turned up after the accident. The van driver and passenger told them what (supposedly) happened.

It's a big knock back because it's reliant on their word and the assessment of thr accident site/mathematical calculations etc.

I've been struggling with exhaustion but since that news, it's literally like I can't stay awake. I'm in precarious position financially in rented house, so need my mental faculties. But it's literally like cotton wool in my head. I literally cannot make decisions without shaking and panicking.

I'm resting, eating, started meditating a few days ago but the exhaustion is crippling me. If I could crawl in a hole to sleep for six months, I probably would.

Sudden death is a huge trauma I'm seeing. Anyone else struggling with this, or did struggle?