*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Something to make you laugh, it did for me.

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by cjpines, Feb 18, 2021.

1. cjpines

cjpines Well-Known Member

I haven't laughed in three months since my hubby passed, but today I can't help but keep laughing.

I e-mailed my sister who just lost a friend to Covid. I responded and said, "How's his wife doing". The computer adjusted my sentence to say, "How's your friend who died doing".

I hope you all get a laugh too.

Dee Kay likes this.
  2. cjpines

I've been waiting for a sign from my hubby. I think he changed the wording to make me laugh. I truly do because I feel pretty good today.

3. Dee Kay

Dee Kay Active Member

It did make me laugh, thanks for posting. Maybe we have a dry sense of humor?

4. cjpines

Yep, we do. Maybe it's good thing we have a dry sense of humor?

5. DebbiJ.

DebbiJ. New Member

My husband died of cancer in October. Our grown children and grand kids often say things that he used to say and laugh..He had a great sense of humor. The last 5 months of his life were pain filled and traumatic for all of us..but I am so grateful that we can remember the good things..and the hilarious things and celebrate them♥️

Dee Kay and cjpines like this.
  6. SouthernMan

SouthernMan Member

The social worker from hospice asked me if I was taking care of myself and if I was eating ok. I said I'm not a very good cook. Then she asked me how do I scramble my eggs. I told her that I take them out of the egg carton, then I put them back into the carton in different spaces.....

Dee Kay, TISHc and cjpines like this.
  7. cjpines

Haaaaa! so funny. My laugh for the day. Thank you we all need a laugh from time to time.

8. Journeywoman

Journeywoman New Member

Thank you all for the laughs! my LOVE was a big fan of "Dad jokes." He died suddenly 3.5 weeks ago. He was 49. Our last day together was beautiful - a Saturday. We spontaneously had a super fun day that filled with laughter. I am so thankful. The last joke he told me -

What do you get when you step on a grape? A little wine.

Not as funny as yours - but it makes me smile. I am so thankful I remember it! He was always the one telling the jokes - I love them but always mess them up!

Keep finding the joy! They are with us - wanting us to smile and laugh. Damn, it feels almost impossible.

9. DebbiJ.

DebbiJ. New Member

6 months have passed since my husband died. I felt like my grief was overwhelming me more often than at the beginning. My counselor assured me that it is normal and to let the waves come and go. There are so many triggers..especially music! But I am moving forward and remembering his humor most of all❤️

10. cjpines

To me it does seem more overwhelming after 5 months since my hubby died than at the beginning. I think in the beginning we're so caught up with dealing with everything, phone calls, finances, funeral homes, hospice, etc. and family and friends that it seems to be all that fogs up our brains. Now that most is over the "Real" grief sets in. His clothes, the loss, everything surrounding me that was him. My brain fog is still with me, but has taken a different route.
    I find myself feeling unwell most days and since I'm hard of hearing the stress seems to affect my hearing. My hubby used to be my ears when we were out, now I'm on my own and with wearing masks it's impossible. Oh well, survival time for all of us.

Yes, let's all remember the humor, it's good for the soul.