*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

So very lost and broken

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by Cindi1013, Nov 5, 2019.

1. paul tinker

paul tinker Well-Known Member

Cindi, Robin, Christine, and Nija good job of supporting one another. The loneliness is not describable in its depth. The nights of insomnia and ongoing memory. Some of you with physical illness and pain I hope find relief. The pain of loss is enough. Same on the possessions. Thier things they chose we keep either stored or as is. I have one voice message and thankfully many photos. Her jewelry is so much her presence. The motivation to even move was for some time stunningly paralyzing. That one has let up. The fog is less and clearing. This site does connect and I can see that by reading your posts. Dave has made many excellent contributions. A path forward will present in unexpected ways as the loss lessens so slowly. Best to you all.

2. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Paul, thank you so much for your thoughts. You are spot on about the loneliness, insomnia possessions etc. but of coarse you are you’ve been through it and are going through it now. I totally understand that your wife’s jewelry helps you through, my husband bought me most of my jewelry and I love wearing what he picked out for me. I found this site about a month ago and the people here have helped me emensely. Wish I found it months ago. These people are my support group and I’m so thankful. I don’t know your story but I’m at a full year without my husband next Sunday. I’m so anxious, I feel worse and having trouble with everyday life right now. I am planning a small memorial in Ron’s honor. But I’m guessing I’ll be a basket case. The people on here are helping me through though.
    Thank you Paul for your kind words and sharing.
    Take Care

3. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Christine,
    Just checking in, hope you were able to enjoy the sun in Florida and get a little reprieve from day to day struggles. My son arrives here tomorrow morning, he’s coming from Florida. He’s coming to be here for the one year. I’m glad I’ll have both my children with me.
    Take Care, Robin