*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

So......I just may be going crazy

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by MDGinVA, Oct 8, 2020.

1. MDGinVA

MDGinVA Active Member

Tonight, I cooked dinner, found some country style beef ribs, just threw them in the oven and cooked them ( I am not much of a cook, gotta learn) and ate them. Then I was putting the leftovers in a ziplock bag and squeezed the air out of bag because Debi would always do that. I thought to myself these were pretty good, and the I heard Debi say, yeah but I would have at least cook some sides with them for you. That made me feel like she was right there beside me for the first time since she passed ( yesterday was 8 weeks). I felt good and had tears of joy. Has anyone else experienced something like this? Am I going off the deep end? I miss her soooooooomuch.

2. Barry

Barry Well-Known Member

I'm 11 months past the sudden death of my wife. We were together 25 years. I often talk to her, ask questions,and I can always hear her answer me. I guess just because I know what she would say. I know that she is still with me and, along with God, helping me to adjust to my new life. You are not alone. Cooking alone, eating alone, sleeping alone, being alone even when I'm with a crowd of people because Peg's not with me. It all sucks! All I can say is it will get easier. You'll have more good days and the crying will become less often. Never be afraid or ashamed of your grieving. Tears honor the love you shared and the life you had together. Peace and happiness will find you again. Pray. Prayer is a true and good thing. Anything you want to do or not do is ok. Grieving is hard and personal. Anyone who says otherwise hasn't ever experienced this.

ainie likes this.
  3. tgotyall

tgotyall Well-Known Member

Yeah i hear stuff like that ,i guess we do hear what our wives would say because i would ask her all the time for help usually for something i misplaced,she would get up or stop what she was doing to help then find it and say you idiot its right in front of you.So now when i do that i still ask her for help and its most of the time close and i just don't see it then when i do i say thanks ''sweet pea''.Like you i just want to hear her voice ,hold her hand,give her a hug tell her i love you it is how much we miss our wives .My wife nickname was ''Superwoman'' it's on her gravestone and she truly was.Not afraid to do anything,in fact i was not allowed to use the weed eater that was all her so now i hear her say ''your not good at this'' and she is right.It's now 8 months since cancer took her at 59,and it's still so so hard,never knew i had so many tears this grieving is hard stuff it is the price we pay for love ,take care be strong and very courageous.

ainie likes this.