*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Single, no children, lost both parents, caregiver and alone at end of life

Discussion in 'Life After Caregiving' started by Sash, Sep 1, 2021.

1. Sash

Sash Member

Hi I'm new here and just wondering if there is anyone in the same situation as me.
    I'm single without children, my dad died 5 year ago leaving me and my mam who had COPD . Although we were devastated at loosing my dad we had each other for support. Now I have lost my mam (July 2021) I packed in work to care for her when my dad died and we were extremely close, best friends, soul mates my dad died alone in hospital as they failed to inform us (medical error) so I promised my mam she would stay home with me and I cared for her at the end of her life. I am now very alone with no one to share this grief and wonder how I'm even making it through the day. Grief is exhausting me and I cannot even do the simplest of tasks (washing up) without having to go to bed.

2. KateIsNotOkay

KateIsNotOkay Member

Hi Sash, I am so sorry for the pain you are in. I sympathize. I lost both my parents within the last 4 months. My mom died unexpectedly, although she went blind in February and both she and my dad required a lot of care. She died in April, and then my father was deemed ready for hospice, so my sister and I cared for him at home until he passed in early August. I'm unmarried with no children also, so you are not alone! I relate to the grief and to not being able to do simple tasks (it's been 2 days since my last shower, and that's actually an improvement). I barely make it through work, and I only manage that because it's remote and I have to. It's a heavy burden, this grief. I hope to see you in chat. It is comforting to find others with whom to share the weary load. Hugs, friend. You aren't alone.

Nella and Sash like this.
  3. Noble2Diana

Noble2Diana Member

4. Noble2Diana

Noble2Diana Member

Hello Sash,
    It's Brutal...
    Understanding of any loss is bad enough..Try to cope at times overwhelmed..
    Sharing pain is Brutal
    Lost husband to stroke lost daughter to suicide lost son suicide by cop
    TORTURE of any type of grief.. Endless.
    Hugs to All Hearts Still bleed red!

Sash likes this.
  5. Sapphire449

Sapphire449 New Member

Hi Sash, I am also new here and have no family. My father and mother had passed away many years ago but I lost my brother this December will be 7 years and just lost my husband of 24 years and my soulmate and my world. My husband died of COPD also. I also am struggling and trying to do everything I possibly can to help myself but still struggling. I am here for you and also for nobel2diana and katelsnotokav if I am even worth anything to you all. Hugs to you all.❤️

Sash and Noble2Diana like this.
  6. Noble2Diana

Noble2Diana Member

Hugs..
    Husband just died..2 months ago ..2 kids are gone now from suicide less 8 yrs. ..n suicide by cop..
    Now alone in a big place to much now..

7. Noble2Diana

Noble2Diana Member

Please Take this Hug hold it...
    Love is love ..Stay Focused to positive...

8. Noble2Diana

Noble2Diana Member

Pen pals PLEASE..Diana to sapphire

9. lredditt

lredditt Well-Known Member

I took care of my late husband for 10 years - 5 of which were extremely hard while working two jobs. My adult chilôren are not his and could care less. I go to a grief support group but it does not fill the alone times. I feel as if I will never meet anyone to share my life with. I am sooooo lonely - it has been a year Thanksgiving and two mos. Does it get any easier? LA

10. Sash

Sash Member

Sorry I have just seen this I have just come out of a (hazed bubble) the only way I can describe it how have you been managing

11. Sash

Sash Member

So much loss for you how are you managing day to day now

12. Sash

Sash Member

13. Sash

Sash Member

I totally understand even the simplest tasks are so hard how are you managing as time goes by

14. lredditt

lredditt Well-Known Member

I try to walk as much as I can. I joined a church grief support group; I also go to PALS; you may have one in your area - Lorry

15. Nella

Nella New Member

Hi Sasha,

You’re not alone. I am in a similar situation. I lost my mom yesterday who I took care of during her battle with cancer. I’m scared and can’t even do the little things. Like my usual routines because it hurts to get back to normal. I have no children and no spouse.

Nsandre likes this.
  16. Nsandre

Nsandre Member

Me too. Lost my mom in January. No kids, no husband. Not everyone marries and has kids- the grass isn't always greener. I know many of us wanted kids and families but for many of us out there, it just didn't happen. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one struggling with this.