*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Should I really be able to do challenges?

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by CarolC, Sep 17, 2018.

1. Boze

Boze Well-Known Member

I feel this way so much sometimes- I start fixing and I can see their hands doing what mine are doing. It’s some kind of imaginary phenomenon that a lot of people have when their pain is too great.

2. CarolC

CarolC Well-Known Member

I wish i could see my husband, in any form. My daughter says she's seen a truck and thought it was his for a second. I've had 2 dreams that I can remember when I wake up since his death. One seemed unimportant and the other was full of memories of him. I cherish that one dream and long for more.

LindaH and Boze like this.
  3. Boze

Boze Well-Known Member

There is a therapy that uses light. Maybe one of the moderators knows about it. You watch a visual machine. They put a colored light on strobe. It flickers. After that I started having recalls. You would want to do it on a day off from work I think.
    But, I started recalling vaguely at first. I thought I saw my sister hand me something like folded towels. (This was when I was at that chore.) I liked the yellow light the most as it cheered me a lot.... then I could recall my brother, etc.... Now I can remember my mother’s hands, encouraging me. It happens fast but vaguely at first, but it gets more vivid later. I think it is EDD therapy . I’ll look it up for you...

4. Boze

Boze Well-Known Member

I’m sorry I meant ETT therapy. Maybe the moderator can help you find a therapist. It was fabulous for recalling their voices.

5. CarolC

CarolC Well-Known Member

Thank you! I'll look into that.

6. Boze

Boze Well-Known Member

My deep condolences for your loss.