*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Rubber band is broken

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by Harrykari, Feb 1, 2021.

1. Harrykari

Harrykari Member

Sorry, this is a need to express how it is. Please dont feel sad if you read this as it is more about love than loss, though they probably equal out in the long run.

"The band that held us together as one now dangles metaphorically from my wrist. That stretchy lovely sense of whole snapped so suddenly & all thats left is love.

That band needed no words to descrbe it, no declaration, it was just an unspoken feeling of knowing all was right when we were together. It was comfort like a good fitted shoe on your foot, it was safety like a big warm blanket keeping out the cold, it was wonderful like finding the jigsaw piece that totally completes the picture.

Its little things & big things & everything in between. Seeing you waiting at airport when I finally got back from travelling for work, hearing the change in your voice when you realised its me on the phone, the look in your eyes as you kissed me good night. I know you felt it too.

Others used to see to see it, how we felt about each other. I don't know what they saw, but I know it did not matter where we were or what we were doing, it was just right when we together.

Tears fall as I write from the heavy waves of emotion. So maybe this is not about loss but more about love & being loved. "

Countess Joy and Songman like this.
  2. Songman

Songman Well-Known Member

3. Songman

Songman Well-Known Member

Lovely words. You've got talent.