*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Project for the University of West Alabama: Need to interview a person who has lost partner

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by jacobstotler, Nov 13, 2020.

?

Were you driven away from this post? Why?

1. Too much content.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Confusing.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Not ready.

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. jacobstotler

jacobstotler New Member

Hello everyone,

Thank you for connecting, and thank you for looking at my thread. I want this to be a place of foundation and I really apologize that you have lost someone so close to you.

I am 31 years old attending the University of West Alabama graduate school of Clinical Mental Health Counseling. I have about 200 hours of internship hours left to invest and only about 3 more classes before graduation.

I have a project due very soon that requires me to interview an individual who has lost their spouse or partner. This is for a Grief and Loss counseling course. I have interviewed many people throughout the last 3 years. I hope that if you feel like this is an event or experience that you would like to go through, regarding your experience, your loss, your life, and your loved one, that you will reach out to me.

Before you reach out, I want to assure to you that I will be the utmost sensitive and outgoing to accommodate you for your recent grief and the loss that you are experiencing and through a therapeutic means. I will solely ask about your experience so far. This may be a great way to meet with someone to share your story (an up and coming therapist) and allow yourself to put a new perspective over the current period in your life.

I have attached the papers and reports of papers that I have written from recent interveiws in the past/similiar assignments that required me to interview someone.

Please feel free to reach out to me to talk further about this, and perhaps to schedule a good time to do an interview via phone or telecomm.

Thank you!

Here are my directions:

Explore the story of the loss/ grief from before it occurred through the aftermath. Ask the person to explain which parts of the grieving were hardest and which surprised him or her as easier than anticipated. Ask about any experiences/lessons were learned from the loss/ grief.

Attached Files:

2. Laika57

Laika57 New Member

Well, i hope you get to connect with someone.
    Reading your assignment, i don't think i would be a good candidate. It's only been a bit over a week since i lost my husband. Or well, since he passed. I feel i pretty much lost him a while before that (cancer, delirium and then dementia).
    Not much aftermath to talk about yet.
    Heck, i can't even tell if i am handling this surprisingly well, or am in shock still...

3. jacobstotler

jacobstotler New Member

Laika,

I am so sorry to hear about what has happened the past weeks! This may be the hardest time you have. Wellness, my friend is something you have to have through this time. I am definitely here for you right now. Be where you are friend. I can attach an interview that I have done with one of the members on Grief in common. It is a great paper where we learn a lot about the grief process and what can be done through it. I will code the name and attach it here. Look out for this! Please let me know how I can be here for you now.

4. Mary0128

Mary0128 Well-Known Member

I would be willing to talk with you.

5. jacobstotler

jacobstotler New Member

Hey Laika, I wanted to give you this. This is an interview and paper that I wrote about a well known member that lost his wife. There are some things in here that WILL help you on your journey. I hope you are well, reach out anytime!

Attached Files:

6. ainie

ainie Well-Known Member

If you still need subjects to in view I would be willing.

7. jacobstotler

jacobstotler New Member