*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Overwhelmed

Discussion in 'Grief in Common Updates, Questions & Answers' started by ValerieD, Apr 4, 2021.

1. ValerieD

ValerieD Member

Hello. I honestly don't know where start. I was trying to cope with the death of both my beloved parents and the suicide of one of my best friends, when my partner left me taking his income and some of my money as well, with him---with no warning or time to prepare--- the day the rent was due.

I feel like I won't make it.

2. cg123

cg123 Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for all that you have gone through with the loss of your parents and the suicide of one of your best friends. There is no excuse for what your partner did but, unfortunately, there are some evil people in this world.

I hope you were able to pay your rent or at least ask for an extension with your landlord and explain the situation.

It will not be easy for you but you must think of yourself right now and stay strong. I hope you have relatives/friends that you will be able to connect with to help you with your situation.

I will be praying for you and wishing you well.

3. ValerieD

ValerieD Member

Hi. Thank you for reaching out. I did pay the rent and am trying my best. Prayers always appreciated.

4. cg123

cg123 Well-Known Member

I'm so glad that you were able to pay the rent - that must have been a relief for you. Stay strong .. you will get through this terrible time in your life.

5. ValerieD

ValerieD Member

Thank you so much for your kinds words and support. It's so hard and sitting here alone it can feel so hopeless and sad. As I'm sure you know.

6. cg123

cg123 Well-Known Member

I know how hard it is to be alone and feel hopeless and sad. I lived with my sister (my best friend) who passed away 1.5 years ago and she was the last of my family. The nights and weekends are especially difficult. The grief never really goes away but you learn to live with it as time passes and I remember all the good memories I shared with my parents and sister without breaking down in tears. They will forever be with you in your heart as you go through this grief process.

ValerieD likes this.
  7. ValerieD

ValerieD Member

I am so sorry for your losses. I have my one brother left. You are right about nights and weekends. Please reach out any time you need support or a friend. You are a good person.

cg123 likes this.