*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Only one left is me

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by Katrinalea86, Dec 1, 2018.

1. Katrinalea86

Katrinalea86 New Member

I've lost all my immediate family my only sister my mother and father I'm 32 years old and this has affected my life for the last 7 years I can't seem to feel normal again I've changed drastically and not in positive ways...any advice or comments are welcome

2. twc

twc New Member

Sorry for your loss. I just started in this group so I do not have any words to say to help you, but you are not a loan. I do know what you are going thru, just not on the scale that you are dealing with. Good luck, and take it day by day. I hope you start feeling better.

3. Sciguy

Sciguy Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about your losses. The only advice I have is to seek out someone to talk to - friend, religious leader, counselor, etc.

4. griefic

griefic Administrator Staff Member

Katrina, I am so sorry. You have been through a lot and have had to experience so much loss, and significant loss, at such a very young age. Regardless of where we are at in life, the bottom line is that our immediate family provides the entire foundation of who we are. To lose every person connected to that foundation could most certainly leave anyone feeling lost and adrift. Making your way forward may mean learning how to rebuild some of what has been lost. Think of it like a house that has felt the wrath of a tornado blow through it. In the aftermath, there may be a few walls standing, but to truly make the house inhabitable again it will have to be rebuilt from the ground up. While some features may still bear some resemblance to the house that originally stood, it will never be exactly the same. Find a support system - get help wherever you can. Friends, extended family, coworkers - join a support group at your local hospital or church - find a counselor - and participate here within our forums to find whatever help you can get. No one can do this alone, and even though this has been happening over the course of 7 years, I would still say that patience for this process will be very important. I'm sure you are anxious to feel better, but having lost so many important people means you may not have had time to individually mourn their passing. I'm including an article from our blog: https://www.griefincommon.com/blog/multiple-losses-how-to-cope-with-loss-change/. It may give you some more insight on how to cope with multiple losses and perhaps there you'll find a place to start. In the meanwhile I'm so glad you are reaching out and that you have joined our site. I hope it can be a help to you. Please let me know if you have any specific questions about the site or if we can be a help in any way. Please take care~

5. YellowEyeDog

YellowEyeDog Active Member

I am sorry for your losses. I cannot imagine losing all of my family. I have recently lost my soulmate, we were married almost 49 years and though its devastating I do still have some family left. I hope you will find someone to talk to, I have found some comfort in keeping a journal. I write when Ineed to talk things out. Maybe that is a start for you, until you can find someone there. I hope you will soon feel better, and more positive about things.