*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

One foot in front of the other is not working

Discussion in 'Finding it Difficult to Move Foward' started by MissingMyMarine, Dec 24, 2020.

1. MissingMyMarine

MissingMyMarine New Member

How do you move forward when your mind won’t let you? How do you live with out that one person that makes you feel like it’s ok to take a breath? How do you make a new relationship work when you didn’t get to say goodbye to the keeper of your heart. When he died, he took your hearts key with him.

NaSam likes this.
  2. Shreddie

Shreddie Member

Hi, your pain must be so deep. I don’t have much to share by way of insight, but I wanted to acknowledge your post. Keep reaching out; interacting with good people is the only thing that has helped me

3. Sweetcole

Sweetcole Well-Known Member

Sorry for your loss. I have those same question and people.dont seem to get it. Pray is all.i can say. Some days will be better than others. I will.pray for you to get stronger with each passing day.

NaSam and RLC like this.
  4. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

How is a great question. I love the phrase, keeper of your heart. That sums it up perfectly.
    Take one day at a time, one hour or one moment. Try to stay busy without over doing. Get fresh air, keep your blood flowing. I use the love and wonderful life we shared as my inspiration to keep moving. I still want and need Ron to be proud of me. I honor him every minute of every day and I’m thankful for the 44 yrs we had together.
    Try to take care of you and know he doesn’t want you suffering and hurting. He’s with you forever. I believe our loves are watching over us. Ron will always and forever hold the key to my heart.
    All the best to you and keep working towards better days.

NaSam likes this.
  5. karenfd

karenfd Member

I am so sorry for your loss. My father told me, after my mom died, that he would just get up and put one foot in front of the other. I know that sounds easy, but it's not. It is a concerted effort. Now it is me, losing my father, and not able to move on. But I am trying everyday, to put one foot in front of the other.

6. Sheila512

Sheila512 Well-Known Member

Keep trying. Your only alternative is to stop and give up. We have to continue living even though it seems like a punishment. I no longer can feel pleasure and ache for my loved one but I am not ready to join him...I want to feel better and once in a rare while I get a glimpse of something next to happiness. It is fleeting but I grab it when I can.

NaSam likes this.
  7. elliedog

elliedog New Member

I am so sorry for your loss. I can identify with the feelings of making a new relationship work. I'm struggling with trust and guilt. I just keep looking for groups like this to share.

8. ksteffie

ksteffie New Member

I agree with everyone but find it hard coming up on two years without my husband of thirty years. I feel like I have died too and I dont even know who I am

NaSam and Van Gogh like this.
  9. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

I’m so sorry for your loss. I lost my husband suddenly too, massive heart attack with no previous signs at all. On 11/17/18 I lost my husband of 41 years. My everything! We were together 24/7, ran a business together. Then my life came crumbling down in an instant. I agree, I don’t know who I am any more. Because half of me is gone. And people think I should be ok now. I am stronger but my life isn’t anything like it was. I know you’re feeling that too.
    Continue to visit this site and read and share stories. It does help. You’re not alone.

KateIsNotOkay likes this.
  10. ksteffie

ksteffie New Member

Thank you for that bc I am just so lost and things are happening and I dont have him to talk to which stinks he was always my sounding board and would put things into perspective

11. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

I know exactly how you’re feeling. It’s so hard not having that one person that meant the most. We never stop missing them. I talk to Ron every day. And he is the reason I keep pushing forward. I don’t want to let him down. I’m going through a lot of things either breaking down and just too many things at once. It’s overwhelming. I want to badly to have Ron here to help and discuss things. I’m dealing with things one at a time as best I can. And I can hear Ron, I pretty much know what he would say about all my issues. And to to follow his words.
    Think of your conversations and what he would say to help get you through.

12. Sheila512

Sheila512 Well-Known Member

I must be some sort of witch but I keep my late husbands picture as my screen saver and we were together long enough that I wnow what he would tell me. I talk to him every day..it is a smiling picture and it give me pleasure. He helps me even now...,because he is not here physically does not mean all that he influenced is gone. I am who I am because of who he was! What a joy to see that smile. Of course I am sad that he is gone, but i have amazing memories.
    I have had a lot of loss and upheaval in my life and when ever someone sounds like they are feeling sorry for me, I remind them that in spite of everything. I had more than 40 years of an amazing relationship that i cherished while it was happening and now as well. I am so fortunate to have knows him.

NaSam likes this.
  13. Angelfish

Angelfish Member

I totally agree.
    My mom was my world. Even as a child I didn’t believe my heart could continue to beat if hers stopped. I spent most of my life terrified of losing her. I have no one else. The friends I had have left. They don’t want to be around me. I don’t either. I keep going but I don’t know why. I haven’t laughed in 2 years. I spend most of my time alone.

NaSam and KateIsNotOkay like this.
  14. KateIsNotOkay

KateIsNotOkay Member

I relate to this. I'm so sorry you are going through it. It's very hard to even breathe in and out, at the moment. Hugs

15. Gaby

Gaby Member

I so understand. In the first few months I was in a daze, felt like a robot. You cannot do it alone. Trust me, you need God to carry you through this pain. Prayer for you, God bless,
    Gaby

Patti 61 likes this.