*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Non-verbal therapy?

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by edj9, Jul 21, 2020.

1. edj9

edj9 Well-Known Member

Hi all. When I come here, it's to read others' stories and to share my own, but there are other ways to explore our feelings or cope with grief than the verbal/literal. I like to think myself creative, but sometimes I feel I'm doing so in a complete vacuum, thanks in no small part to the coronapademic.

I would like to ask if there is any creative activity that you all do to deal with your grief, whether that be a distraction or an active expression, as long as you feel POSITIVE about it. It doesn't have to be art, or building, or even anything tangible. Building a business, tending a garden, writing poetry, dancing, bodybuilding, cooking, playing or writing music. Would you be willing to share a little of that here with all of us?

I'll start. Here's a little something I've been working on since my husband died in Dec 2019. I'd categorize this as a distraction. It helps me focus on something other than my grief and my problems. I have pretty bad carpal tunnel syndrome, and I've been searching high and low for an ergonomic keyboard, but haven't found one that is perfect. So I decided to try and build my own. Here's my first attempt. It's not functional, yet. I still have to wire it and program it, but I think this layout is quite comfortable.

IMG_0165.jpg

ZenGarden likes this.