*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Discussion in 'Grief in Common Updates, Questions & Answers' started by Mimi2, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Mimi2

Mimi2 Member

Hi. I am Mimi2, a new member. I lost John, the love of my life almost 5 years ago to lung cancer. I thought I would be finished with the grieving process, but I'm still struggling. I'm battling depression. How do I find the way to start over?

2. Emerginglight

Emerginglight Member

Mimi2, my heart goes out to you. Five years is a long time to be parted from the love of you life. Depression is such a common thing to feel. It follows my life like a black cloud. I’m not a therapist so can’t advise you on how to start over. All I can say is what would your husband want you to do ?
    Prayers, love and hope for your future.
    Em

3. Mimi2

Mimi2 Member

I know my husband would not want me to live like this. I am trying to get out of this rut I am in. I do volunteer work, and I'm seeing a counselor. I thought I was working my way through the grief. 5 years seems like a long time to grieve. I'm still trying to figure out why I am going backwards instead of moving forward.

4. Emerginglight

Emerginglight Member

I’m so glad you have a therapist and therefore trying to figure out your feelings...You say 5 years is a long time to grieve? I don’t think there is a timetable for grief. Everyone is different. Don’t be hard on yourself. Allow your self whatever time is needed. And always think what your husband would want for you now. Like you say, he would wish you to be okay.
    Em x