*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Discussion in 'Loss of Adult Child' started by Jane Khaled, Aug 29, 2019.

1. Jane Khaled

Jane Khaled New Member

Lost my only son to a motorbike accident. It's been 7 years this month and I still feel such pain everyday

Kathleen 56 and LouiseP57 like this.
  2. CBecks

CBecks New Member

I lost my son Feb 17th 2019 to a snowmobile accident and the pain is just raw . People say I know how you feel I lost my Mom sorry it is not the same . I lost my Mom who I loved and took care of BUT this is so much more like a piece of me is gone too. The sadness is overwhelming.

3. Vickie

Vickie Active Member

I am so sorry for the Loss of your Son. You are right about the Pain of losing a Child as to the Loss of Our parents. It's not the natural order of Life. We expect that we will One day have to bury our parents but Not our Children. I lost my daughter in 2009. I can tell you that it will become less overwhelming but it takes time. Be happy to talk if you like. Prayers.

Monique1979 and LouiseP57 like this.
  4. Steven so much loss

Steven so much loss New Member

Monique1979 likes this.
  5. Steven so much loss

So sorry. I just had my partner's family over and felt detached , sad and depressed. My daughter died on 6/4/2018 as a result of a skydiving accident when she veered off course and hit the side of a barn suffering a traumatic brain injury two days before her death. She was 27. was an organ donor so 5 people lived because she died, doesn't relieve the sense of loss, my first born, my only girl. We were somewhat estranged at the time and I had hoped she would get more maturity and we could mend fences which only made the sense of loss more intense. 3 years before I had lost my sister to stage 4 breast cancer, she was 54, 2 years before my mom and my aunt, those 3 were my support system. Praying for you and letting you know my daughter's friends started the twitter hashtag " livelikeAlexis" to celebrate her and to encourage others to live fully. That's the lesson for me, to keep trying to find whatever good live provides in the time we are given. It is hard to do as we can wallow in our sense of loss. I just joined today as I wanted not to feel so alone even in a crowd as I felt today. God bless yo.

6. Vickie

Vickie Active Member

Hi Steven, I haven't been on this site in months but I received an email today that said there was a new member post and I felt I needed to read it. I am so sorry for the loss of your daughter and I can understand some of your pain and grief. My daughter passed away at 27 from an auto accident September of 2009. I met a couple of other parents on a grief site a couple years from her passing. I found myself feeling very alone and finding the grief site changed my life. I found a lifeline and to this day I am still very close with another Mom. I found my second year of grief more difficult because I think I believed that the first year of everything without my daughter would be hardest. I believe I was on autopilot and in the second yr the numbness wore off. Life kept going and I thought the pain would never change. I can tell you that over time the pain and grief move from being right in front of your face to your shoulder. You will laugh again and wake up or fall asleep with something other than the grief. You are definitely right just live the best Life you can. And know you will find light again. You aren't Alone. Keep reaching out. God bless you. Vickie

7. Steven so much loss

Thanks Vickie. I am sorry for your loss and I am sure there are times when it still feels so fresh and recent a loss. I have been working remotely and I had worked in an office where two other employees, both mom's, has lost their young adult children the same year I lost my daughter, and both unexpectedly, one was murdered and the other had an appendix burst, all in an the same year in an office of just over 101 one hundred employees I was comforted knowing there were others whom I might see every work day who knew exactly how I felt, that has been missing since working remotely, thank you for bringing that feeling back for me, so sorry that your history allowed you to do so. God watch over you.

LouiseP57 likes this.
  8. Vickie

Vickie Active Member

I know that this year has been unthinkable in many ways with everything going on and I am very sorry that the feeling of knowing another person understood your circumstances without even having to say anything meant a great deal. I am sorry for their losses as well. This is a group that No one wants to be a part of for sure. I am glad if I brought you even a morsel of comfort. I have learned through the years that some people are more able to share than others. And grief sites don't always have current posts. Please take care and if you need an ear please post a message. God bless.

LouiseP57 likes this.
  9. LouiseP57

LouiseP57 Well-Known Member

I know what it feels like to lose a child under circumstances beyond our control. My son was murdered in a botched robbery. His death hit me like a ton of bricks because we had a horrible fight just 2 weeks before. The pain is indeed unbearable but survivable. I didn't know any other parents who had lost children at that time. When I returned to work I found that many of the families I worked with had experienced very similar losses. That was therapeutic for me, knowing I was not alone in my grief and pain. My pain was mine alone but I could see that I could continue to live a productive life despite my pain. In my giving care, I received care from others in ways I couldn't imagine. I pray you take a little time for yourself to find a diversion to focus on something new.

Kathleen 56 likes this.
  10. Kathleen 56

Kathleen 56 Active Member

My daughter was murdered also. The pain of not remembering our last conversation is terrible. I am sorry for the loss of your son.

LouiseP57 likes this.
  11. LouiseP57

I am sorry for your loss. While the loss of my husband is hard it is definitely different than what I went through when I lost my son. I remember our last conversation and it wasn't a good one. I beat myself up for years wishing I could take back some of the things that we said. I finally made peace and now am in a good place with regards to Michael and I. How are you doing?

Kathleen 56 likes this.
  12. Kathleen 56

I am awake again tonight. My thoughts are running out of control. Feeling bad that I couldn’t protect my daughter. Especially when you devote your entire life protecting and caring for your family. Krystal father died young. He really hurt both my daughters with his lack of care and love for them. My other daughter is a addict. I fear for the call she is also gone. So alone and nobody cares. All gossip and criticism. Yes I hear what you said. Get over it. Excuse me but I love my children. You get out of our lives. I cut all ties with those so called family. It never seems to amaze me how selfish and uncaring families can be. You all left me in the cemetery and went out to lunch. No invite. No I am sorry for your loss. Thankfully the mortician was there for me. I would still be standing by her side and praying for a miracle. Sorry to be long winded. I am angry. I will never forgive or forget. How about her children. No sympathy for them either. Cold and selfish bitches.

13. LouiseP57

Kathleen, my heart breaks for you with the pain you are experiencing. It sounds as though your entire family is in pain. Family often doesn't know what to say or how to help and because they want life to be "normal", they say things that actually hurt us. Our pain makes people uncomfortable. I will lift you up in prayer for you to find some measure of comfort somewhere in this world.

Kathleen 56 likes this.
  14. LouiseP57

I
    I too experienced finding some comfort in knowing that I was not alone in my grief and suffering. I used to be a hospice nurse and I never knew how much my patients loved and appreciated me until I was gone for 3 months grieving the loss of my son. When I went back to work and visited each of my patients, almost all of them revealed to me that they had had similar experiences. Honestly, those patients and family members saved my life. I needed to know that I was not crazy for feeling the way I felt. They also let me know that although I was forever changed by this event, I could go on. Blessings to you along this journey.

15. Kathleen 56

Thank you for the prayers. My siblings don’t care. I will never see or speak to them again. They said get over it. Family can be unkind and that they were to Krystal’s children. They still are upset with the callous treatment of them and my self. Their mother is gone. Her oldest son told me they never said anything about her death. It’s such a long story. Thank you for your prayers and time.

LouiseP57 likes this.