*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

New here!!

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by Flgigi66, Apr 14, 2020.

1. Flgigi66

Flgigi66 New Member

July 2018 I lost my husband in a motorcycle accident. We have a child who is 14 and having a hard time with the passing. We did not have a good relationship at all. I carried a lot of anger for many reasons. I have never grieved as I was carrying the anger till this past weekend. I feel so much better that the anger is gone. But not I find myself missing him and missing our family.
    Thank you for allowing me to vent. I am hoping to find others that may be in the same situation.
    Gina

griefic likes this.
  2. ainie

ainie Well-Known Member

Welcome Flgigi66. So sorry for you loss. And how difficult to deal with the residual anger of a "not good" relationship. Glad that you have been able to resolve the anger. The grief you feel now is hard but it too will get less sad and painful with time. Take care of yourself and take care of your child.

3. Flgigi66

Flgigi66 New Member

Thank you ! Since Dec 2017 we have had 5 deaths. My husband 2 of his brother and his nephew and his aunt. We had to give up our house and all pets and move. Just so much in a short period of time. I am glad to have found this page.

4. David Hughes

David Hughes Well-Known Member

Flgigi66,

So sorry for the loss of your husband. I know my two sons were so hurt by the loss of their mother. Trying to keep a family healthy after loss is hard. If at all possible, talk with your child openly about how you feel it might help.

Having so many losses over time clustered together is maddening. Anger of course is a byproduct of loss, but it is great your anger has subsided. Loss is not an easy thing to overcome.

Just keep reaching out, talking about how you feel and anything you still wish to talk about.

Grief is like fear, it is such an unknown. Talking will allow you to help release all those emotions you are building up over time. Keeping it to yourself will eat you up inside. So be as open as you will allow yourself to be.

Please never give in to despair. Reach out when you can. May some peace of mind come to you, but it does take time to recover from loss. Each one of us is so different. Take care for now.

-david

Sometimes I find music helps us, and I may loop it to replay

@APPY likes this.