*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

New here, trying to cope

Discussion in 'Dealing With Multiple Losses' started by apronto, Jul 18, 2021.

1. apronto

apronto New Member

I am new here, and having a really hard time coping with so many losses recently.

In the last 6 months, we've had to unexpectedly put one of our dogs down, my mother in law was diagnosed with aggressive brain cancer and passed away about a month later, and my very best friend from childhood to adulthood passed away from a drug overdose after battling addiction for a decade. It's like I have been grieving her for 10 years and constantly worrying about her, but now it is final.

Needless to say, it has been a ROUGH year, my grief is very complex and is constantly weighing me down. I do try to look on the bright side in any moment I can, but the tears seem never ending. I have been distant from friends and hardly want to do anything social lately, I just cry all the time.

Thanks for letting me share my story in this space.

2. Sheila512

Sheila512 Well-Known Member

Wow you have had a hard time. l lost my job, my sister to cancer and my adult son, who lived with me for 18 months during the pandemic, moved out. I want him to start his life and move out. He found a job in another state and I am again experiencing loss. I feel like I have been beaten up. Yes, my son is alive but i doubt I will see him for at least another year. I am a widow and hate how I feel. I am a very active person but I don't feel like doing anything. I am struggling with the same things you are....I cry all the time lately and don't want to see anyone. Friend are trying but i am putting them off. Maybe we need the time alone to get it out in tears. I supply any effort you make to go outdoors, out to lunch or even alone to get a soda. Be around people as much as you can. I am trying to do that. best of luck for a bright future.,

lost76 likes this.