*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Need support

Discussion in 'Dealing With Multiple Losses' started by Honda, Jul 29, 2018.

1. Honda

Honda New Member

I thought I was doing pretty good. I've been engaging in life trying to make new friends. I thought I was doing pretty good and then I came home tonight and was overwhelmed with loneliness. My mom is ill, I have PTSD, and I have suffered multiple losses that my body is still grieving. I was in a conversation and I recognized how deeply I missed my BFF who died years ago. We had been friends for 19 years. It's been difficult having conversations with people because they want something, but his words gave me life. Tonight I was overwhelmed. In a year and 4 months I went through 15 losses and then I lost an additional 4 people. I need support.
    Grief is tiring. The voids are painful. Oh to be able to laugh again. Laughing takes energy. I'm trying to reach out and it's difficult. So I come to this site looking for support as I traverse these waves of grief.

2. griefic

griefic Administrator Staff Member

Honda, I am so sorry for all the losses you have suffered. You've said something I think so many grievers can relate to: grief is tiring. It is challenging enough to cope with one loss, but when multiple losses pile on top of one another it can feel impossible to ever catch up and find normalcy again. The losses create void, but they also create a lot of change and adjusting to so much change without support can be especially difficult.
    I'm glad you've found us here. Reaching out is not easy, but it's a really important first step that you've come looking for help and I truly hope you can find it here. There are people who understand and we are here to help. I wish you all the best. Please take care~