*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

My son

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by Cynthia Torres, Dec 8, 2018.

1. Cynthia Torres

Cynthia Torres New Member

I lost my son suddenly to a brain aneurysm. He was 32 & never had any symptoms. I can't feel, sleep, eat or live from my bed. It's been three weeks but feels as if it were yesterday. I can't take this excruciating pain!! I can't function! My first born baby is gone!

2. griefic

griefic Administrator Staff Member

Cynthia I am so very sorry for your loss. There is never a time where a parent can prepare themselves for the loss of a child, and when it happens suddenly it becomes a near impossible pain to bear. Three weeks is no time at all to wrap our minds around such an enormous loss and the truth is this is a loss and a pain that you will carry forever. However, I do want to provide you with the hope that as the days go on you will feel stronger and more able to carry it. And if that sounds unimaginable, I understand. Right now the focus has to be on caring for yourself, taking each moment at a time, focusing on the task right in front of you, and finding support from those who understand. There are people here who understand and I'm glad you have found us. I truly hope it can be a help and I wish you healing in the days ahead~

3. Cynthia Torres

Cynthia Torres New Member

Thank you very much. I started therapy & hopefully it will help. Just feeling so empty right now.

4. VAllen

VAllen New Member

Cynthia, I to lost my son who was 38 suddenly, it’s been 4 months and he was also my first born, I know exactly how you feel the pain is like someone just ripped your heart out of your body and they still expect you to function, sleeping on some days is the only thing I have to look forward to, but each day I try to function for my grandkids. I know this is hard, I will be praying for you, take care of you and take small steps each day.

5. Anthony Pitts

Anthony Pitts New Member

I am very sorry for your loss
    I also lost My Son Marcus at the age of 30.it it going on 3 yrs this coming Feb.Although it is not easy to deal with now, it is less painful as time goes on.not to say it will ever be the same.God has given me strength to be able to stand.I pray He is doing the same for You.I feel this forum will help also.Finally now there are people who really understand what we are going through instead of just
    " saying " that they understand or feel our pain. May God grant You comfort , peace and strength

6. Cynthia I feel your pain, I lost my precious son at 37yrs 4 mths ago it feels like yesterday. I was told my body needs to heal and it does its been through an emotional and physical wreck. However I feel the wreckage is ongoing.
    I am reaching out to this site in the hope of sharing this pain, finding people that understand the grief so we can help each other to carry this load.
    Please reply just so I know you received my msg, im not too confident with navigating this site.