*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

My son

Discussion in 'Suicide Loss' started by Keep it up, Feb 5, 2021.

1. Keep it up

Keep it up New Member

I'm not sure how to start this or what to do but I recently lost my 20 yr old son to sucide. Im having a hard time doing much or even going into work because I feel like I'm going to have a panic attack or something like one. I know what I need to do but I just can't seem to manage getting there. although it just happened I know I can't continue this way without it affecting me long term and thats not what I want. Im hoping talking with someone can help in some way.

Chris M 2000 and Kellyadalee like this.
  2. Kellyadalee

Kellyadalee New Member

I’m so sorry for your loss I recently lost my twenty year old boyfriend yesterday due to a car wreck that had happened three months ago he was in vegetative state and he finally let go he was also very suicidal in his last moments and would always pray for God to take his life so sometimes I can’t help but feel it is my fault I might not know your exact pain but I promise I know how badly it hurts feel free to vent to me anytime

Chris M 2000 likes this.
  3. alterkatja

alterkatja New Member

My cousin, my dear friend has gone 3 days ago, he has commited a suicide. Whole our family is heart broken, it is so hard to understand. It is so painful. I'm listening to Tool, he showed me this music years ago and we were on Tool's concert together. Im worried about my mother, becouse she is in deep depression 7 years now, and she is very bad now after his death. I can not imagine how it is to loose your child. My unkle has found my cousin after he did it... my unkle was drunk at the funeral. Completely heart broken.

4. alterkatja

alterkatja New Member

My father told me "Kasia, you don't know how much human beeing is able to survive" . So I believe in myself, and I believe in you.

5. Keep it up

Keep it up New Member

Thank you for the kind words.

6. Chris M 2000

Chris M 2000 Well-Known Member

alterkatja, I am very sorry for your painful loss. May God strengthen you and your mother. Love to you

7. Chris M 2000

We all want to blame ourselves or someone else when something tragic happens, even though there most likely wasn't a thing
    you could do that would have changed it. Be good to yourself. Take care of yourself. Treat yourself with kindness. You are in a fragile state and need compassion. We are here to share that with you. Stay in contact with us. Sending love.

Kellyadalee likes this.
  8. Villa

Villa New Member

I deeply recommend a therapist to help you through this. I went back to work about a month after my sons suicide. I managed to keep working. It was a good distraction but on the way to and from work cried hysterically many days as I drove past his graveyard. The first year is all kinds of hell. Don’t “should” yourself. Be with your feelings as much as you can each day and then find healthy ways to distract. Everyone grieves differently even people in the same family. But there is no escaping the fact that you are forever changed. Your son’s death has had an impact and it is long term. But that doesn’t mean it will always feel this bad. It won’t. But you will never be who you were.
    When you are up to it, the videos and writing of David Kessler are very useful. Like us he lost a son and he is a “grief expert” who worked with Mother Teresa and Elizabeth Kubler Ross.

I didn’t even begin to move through my grief until I got through that first year. But I did get through it and you will too. My son was 24. He would be 39 this year. His anniversary is this week and it is still so tough.

Blessings on your journey.

MomOfCade21 and Chris M 2000 like this.
  9. m_b_p

m_b_p New Member

I lost my 42 year old son to suicide March 21, 2021. I went back to work after 3 weeks. I think it's catching up.

MomOfCade21 and Chris M 2000 like this.
  10. Chris M 2000

I am so very sorry to hear that you lost your dear son to suicide so recently. I went right back to work also, out of finanacial necessity. I was useless at work. I should never have received my salary.
    This is a very hard road to walk down. You probably are really just 'waking up' to what has happened to you because it is so unbelieveable. We never in a million years expect something like this to happen to us-it only happens to someone else.
    Take good care of yourself and be kind to yourself. Others just cannot understand how devastating this is to a parent unless they have been there themselves.
    Stay in touch here and share your honest feelings as you feel led. You will never be criticized or made fun of for any feelings you have as we all understand how hard it is.
    People on this site care.
    Chris

11. Chris M 2000

How are you? I hope you have some support.
    Chris