*NEXT GENERAL GRIEF GROUP:* Tuesday 10/26 at 2 pm EST *JOIN US!*

My poor brother

Discussion in 'Loss of Sibling' started by cindy petrucci, Aug 30, 2021.

1. Chris M 2000

Chris M 2000 Well-Known Member

Again I say, I am so sorry for your losses.
    Hang on until the pain eases.
    May God strengthen you and grant you wisdom in the decisions you make.

2. I’m never going to be the same again am I. I feel like I lost a limb again. Just sayin

3. Chris M 2000

October 15th is coming and of course will be a difficult period of time. These anniversaries bring back so many memories that trigger feelings of sadness. I am sorry for your loss of Charlie. This one loss alone was monumental and would have been difficult in itself and now you have suffered other losses. I pray you will be given the strength to go on and find a way through all this pain.

4. Chris M 2000

I know what you mean. I felt like someone had reached down into my heart and tore a huge chunk out of it. I thought over and over, "Who can fix a broken heart"? I found out that only God can.

5. Kwavo622

Kwavo622 New Member

I lost my brother two weeks ago buried 2 off my favorite cousin one month ago lost my sister 1 year ago I’m I’m still grieving I feel numb I’m the baby of the siblings I feel like they’re leaving me

6. I was just thinking last night how alone I feel. I’m sorry for your losses. I feel like such a different person. I doubt I’ll ever be the same. I’m also the baby of the family. I had 3 brother’s and only have one left. He does text me every day I only wish he lived closer to me. Stay strong.

7. Chris M 2000

It is a very isolating feeling, isn't it.
    We can never really be the same as we were before because of these painful experiences we have gone through; however, I use mine as a way to try to help others who are hurting. At first you will not be strong enough to do that. Right now you are the one who needs support.
    We are here for you. You are not alone in your despair, because we understand and love you.
    Chris

8. I’m trying so so hard to get my life back on track. No matter how hard I’ve been trying it’s not working. Just so broken. Will I ever be okay again?

9. Chris M 2000

Yes, Cindy, you will be able to get your life on track again; however, it is much too early to expect to do that now. All we can do is accept our loss and the grief that comes with it for the time being. It always helps to look to and depend on God to help you All that is required is to ask Him.
    Being able to function 'normally' will come with time as you work through this grief. Do you work somewhere?
    When you are alone, give in to the pain and grief. Let your heart release what is in it.
    You will never stop missing this one you loved so much, but there is the hope of seeing him again on the other side.
    Just do what you can and don't expect too much of yourself too soon. You can only do what you have the ability to do. Demanding more than that from yourself is damaging when you can't meet your high expectations.
    You have already made a good start. I am proud of you for being able to share your feelings here with those of us who truly understand how hard this all is. That is very important to the process of 'healing'. Ask any questions you need to. No one here will look down on you or criticize you because we are all dealing with our own grief walk and understand how difficult that is.
    I love you and care about your mental and spiritual health as well as your physical health. Try to get out in the fresh air at least a little each day. It helps renew the spirit.
    Let me hear from you again soon.
    Chris