*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

My mother committed suicide one month ago

Discussion in 'Suicide Loss' started by naomi__, Oct 30, 2020.

1. naomi__

naomi__ Member

Hi, my name is Naomi and im 15 years old. My mom committed suicide on September 25, 2020. She struggled with depression in the past, but I never thought she would actually take her own life. I miss her so much, and I feel so guilty for being mean to her. She was not a good mother, she didn't take care of me and my sister that much. She was mean and she forced me to be her therapist since I was 9. I hated her for that. Now I feel so incredibly guilty for not apologizing to her. I can't imagine how much pain she was in. I feel so lost and lonely without her, I wish I had a mom to talk to about school, my friends, my struggles, just someone to listen. My dad is closed off but he's trying his best, it's just different talking to a man about girl stuff, you know? My dad has a girlfriend, (my parents have been divorced for 2 years) and I love her and think she's a great addition to the family. She's just not my mom, and I'm not close enough to her to really open up. Also, I have struggled with generalized anxiety disorder and adhd for years, and not a single person in my family or extended family has had any mental illnesses besides my mom and I. My psychologist just told me I've fallen into a depressive episode. I'm so scared. God I'm so scared. I feel like no one understands what I'm going through and I'm just suffering through each day. My grades are slipping and I can't focus on anything, It stresses me out to think that I'm only 15 and I might have just set myself up for failure for the rest of my life. Anyways, I would just really appreciate it if anyone, even just one person, would respond to this and tell me that I'm not going crazy and that it's ok to feel like this and that you're proud of me. I understand I'm demanding. I just feel really lost and I really, really need someone to tell me I'm not alone.

2. MilesyAV

MilesyAV New Member

hey, I have just seen your post and noticed no one has responded.

I am so so sorry for your loss at such a young age! My dad committed suicide 3 weeks ago, I’m 33 (birthday was last week) and from the UK. I am also female.

Please feel free to message me if you need someone to speak with. Don’t be on your own sweetheart xx

3. Joanne B

Joanne B Member

4. Joanne B

Joanne B Member

Hi Naomi I’m new here on this site. I just saw your post. I know it’s from October so please just know I’m here for you and know about depression. It’s in my family too. Reach out anytime as I would always make myself available to you. May 2021 bring you the peace and serenity you deserve. Best regards
    Joanne

5. TanyaF

TanyaF New Member

Naomi I am so sorry for the loss of your mother. This cannot be easy for you especially at such a young age. You are doing so well. Continue to reach out for support as you need and I hope you can find peace some day

6. Chris M 2000

Chris M 2000 Well-Known Member

Hi, Naomi, I just saw your post. My son committed suicide at age 28. It is an overwhelming thing, isn't it. You are so young. You must go on with life because you are so young and there are so many things ahead of you. I pray you can concentrate so you can be successful in school.
    I do understand what you are going through and what you are suffering through. You have not just set yourself up for failure for the rest of your life. God has a purpose for your life and you are just now beginning to search for that purpose. Ask Jesus to direct and guide you. He will show you the way. He loves you. You are not alone. He is always there with you if you just reach out to Him in prayer. He is the light in your darkness. He is kind of like you in that He wants someone to care about Him and love Him. Let Him know you need help.
    Please let us know how you are.
    Love,
    Chris

7. michaela

michaela New Member

Hi Naomi,

My dad left and took my mom with him. I was only 20. My brother was only 16. And it hit me like a train. It’s been three years and it still feels like yesterday. I also feel guilty for the way I treated them. And I’ve been diagnosed with GAD & depression since after they died. It’s okay to feel everything you’re feeling. You’re doing so great. I am so proud of you. You are not alone.