*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

My mom my best friend

Discussion in 'Loss of a Parent' started by Guadalupe Rivera, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Guadalupe Rivera

Guadalupe Rivera New Member

Hello everyone I am new here and hopefully I can relate to what everybody feels because right now I feel so empty and lost my mom was 80 years old she was crossing guard for the city of Chicago for 31 years on January 8, 2018 around 2:50 PM my mom was struck by a car while doing her job she was struck by a car and hit the cement and that cost three parts of her brain to be bleeding and bruised, when we got to the hospital she was awake one side of her face was so swollen and her eye was shut closed and black and blue and she was trying to talk but just a quick as we walked out of the room when the doctor want to speak with us she went into a coma and as she laid there I felt so helpless nothing I can do I just want to hug her and love her and bring her back to life and I just remembered the last conversation we had and I told her I loved her and she told me she loved me and I really wished I could’ve saw her one last time before that day that was a Monday I was supposed to pick her up that Sunday and take them to church and she decided to stay home And I’m trying to think when was actually the last time I saw her and I’m thinking it was Christmas day or couple days after before New Year’s day of course I talk to her and I talk to every other day up until the day that her accident was I didn’t talk to her that day and I miss my mom so much she was such a big part of my life she was there for every birth of my children and grandchildren she was my best friend I could talk to her about anything and she loved me unconditionally no matter what I did wrong from the time I was a child to the time I was an adult she was always there life sometimes it’s so hard without her here and I have to catch myself sometimes at work and run in the bathroom and cry because I miss her so much I am fortunate that I have brothers and sisters and I have a stepfather who is here but they don’t take the place of my mother, I am angry that the man that hit her only got three tickets and is alive and living I’m angry because he’s alive and she’s not I know she would want me to say that because she was a very loving and caring and forgiving person i’m glad to connect with people they can understand my grief and not people that look at me and tell me they know how I feel when they really don’t because their love one is standing right there with them or people that tell me oh she’s in a better place no more suffering and no more hurting I know that but that doesn’t help the hurt in my heart so I just wish they would just say I’m sorry that’s all that I want to hear just I’m sorry please don’t try to rationalize things thinking that will make me feel better and it’s nice to connect with people that can understand what I’m talking about thank you for taking the time to read my bio.

2. Allison Green

Allison Green New Member

I truly understand how you feel. My mother died eleven months ago and the wrench in my heart is massive. She too was my best friend and it’s diffiult for others to understand if they have not lost their mother. I am new to this site and am feel comforted to know others here understand. Hugs

3. Allison Green

Allison Green New Member

I lost my husband to cancer when he was 27 years old. He was diagnosed with melanoma in June 1995 and died on November 12th 1995. This was three days before my 25th birthday. The experience taught me that we can make it through the pain one day at a time. Eventually, I started to feel less pain and was able to accept his passing. I am now 48 years old and lost my mother to breast cancer on February 16th 2o18. She was so brave and elegant while she fought this disease. It somehow feels more painful then losing my husband Nicholas but, I haven’t quite figured out why. All I can say is that I know time will heal this pain. This can only happen if I acknowledge the loss. The first eleven months have been dealing with the aftermath and ive trued t0 focus on my work. However, now it seems to hurt more because the reality of her prescience gone forever is settling in. She was a great mother and my best friend. I am hoping that I can share my experiences with you all and that we can try and heal together. Best, Allison

Guadalupe Rivera and griefic like this.