*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

My mom, my best friend

Discussion in 'Loss of a Parent' started by Ambmia, Apr 11, 2020.

1. Ambmia

Ambmia New Member

So I lost my mother on January 15th of this year. She had been sick for a while and it took us forever to get her disability and to see what was truthfully wrong with her. We thought she had copd and emphysema but, it was much worse. Turns out she had Pulmonary fibrosis. I do believe we had caught it too late anyways because her left lung was almost completely "ate up" with fibrosis. Well we were thrilled bc she finally had inc but, died from complications of pneumonia 15 days after her inc finally kicked in and 13 days after her 57th birthday. I didnt know she was going to die so soon. It was kind of sudden. This Sunday makes it three months since I've actually talked to her. I feel like part of her death is my fault bc I didnt make her go to the hospital. I knew she had pneumonia because she had had it so many times before. But, I knew she was ready to go. She was in so much pain and knowing that she isn't in anymore pain and with her momma and jesus comforts me. But, I still miss her. I didnt get to really say goodbye because she was intubated/sedated/ in a coma.......... but on Jan 15th at 3:30 in the morning I was the last person to kiss her and I told her it was ok to let go and go home if she wanted to and she died 5 hours later. I just miss her smell, her voice, her laugh. I havent even had a memorial yet because I lost my job cause of this pandemic. I feel like I am barely hanging on most days but, I have to because I am a single mom and I'm all they have. It's like part of my soul is just......gone.

2. Beside myself

Beside myself New Member

My mother just passed away and I know how you feel. My mother refused to seek treatment when she should have. Because she had cancer in 2012, my brother and I were always at her to go back for routine testing. She began having symptoms again and wouldn’t tell anybody until it was too late.
    I can’t cope with not being able to talk to her and because of COVID, I didn’t get to see her after she was hospitalized. I don’t have any female family members and I really need one.
    My mother was my best friend and I don’t know how I’ll go on without her.