*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

My husband, father of our 2 boys my everything is gone

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by Magdalena, Sep 5, 2016.

1. Magdalena

Magdalena New Member

On August 23rd 2016 at 5am i was woken up to state troopers at my door steps to be informed my husband was in a fatal car accident on his way home from work.My entire world came crushing on me ,my best friend my husband was gone. We met in 2006,we were married for almost 9 years ,we have 2 little boys (3,5 years old and 1years old on September 10th) He was my everything and in a second he was gone. It's been 2 weeks and I can't belive he is not here anymore. My son keeps asking where is daddy and my heart just breaks . I don't know how to deal with him being gone ,everyone keeps telling me I am strong i will get through this but I feel so empty so lonely and definitely not strong. Life sucks so badly . I miss my baby

2. griefic

griefic Administrator Staff Member

Magdalena, I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your husband.
    This is such a very new loss, and it is going to take a lot of time to adjust to all that has happened. Especially because it happened so suddenly, you had no time or no warning to prepare yourself for this in any way. You may be strong, and that's wonderful, and as a mother you are going to want to be strong for your kids, but remember not to deny yourself the time or support you need to get through this. It may be challenging to find people who understand and there may be times you will feel isolated and alone. I am glad that you have found us and that you have joined and shared your story. There are people here who understand and I encourage you to continue to reach out. Remember that in addition to our "See and Share Stories" forum, you can find others to connect with by doing a search of the criteria that is important to you. This can be found at our home page, under "Make a Connection" and "Find Others Who are Grieving". I truly hope we can help you and provide support as you move forward. Please take care...

3. Dawn Reilly

Dawn Reilly New Member

Magdalena, my heart aches after reading your post. Please know you are in my prayers. I truly mean that. My husband just passed on Nov 1st. He slipped and fell down 5 steps inside our home and hit his head. As a result of the fall he suffered a major bleed and had to have brain surgery. After 3.5 weeks in the hospital he passed. My children and I are still in shock. With a blink of an eye my wonderful husband was taking from us. My children are 19 and 17. They cry and want their father. Now the holidays are here. The pain is unbearable. I pray all the time for some type of relief. May the lord bless you and your children.

Brandy and griefic like this.