*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

My husband died a few nights ago

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by Kelli79, Aug 1, 2021.

1. JenniferY

JenniferY Well-Known Member

Hugs to you

2. nlm62003

nlm62003 New Member

This grief sometimes washed over me like a big sudden wave.......

3. nlm62003

nlm62003 New Member

I am also grieving my husbands sudden death....Aug 7th. I too, am lonely and sad. I will pray for both you and I.

4. jgdavis

jgdavis New Member

I am so lost. My husband passed away during the night also. He had an upset stomach for a couple of weeks. We didn't know it was his heart. One night he woke me up we'd better go to the hospital. He was having a heart attack. The Dr's rushed him to a larger hospitsl. They were waiting to due surgery and put 2 stints in (that worked with my mom 20 year s ago.) They kept him in intensive care 4 days ,then released him. Home take it easy and don't use your right arm. It was blue. After 3 days taking it easy , for him he was gone one morning when I checked on him for coffee. It's been 3 months. I can't think, function, nothing. I'm lucky for family. I feel so alone. We were making plans for a trip to California. A nice summer with friends at campground. My life seems gone without him

Chris M 2000 likes this.
  5. jgdavis

jgdavis New Member

We always laughed together,now silence.I try staying busy in my garden. That's peaceful for me. I help care for my mom, along with my brother and sister.It s been a long journey for all..Without Cliff it gives me a reason to get up in the morning

Chris M 2000 likes this.
  6. Chris M 2000

Chris M 2000 Well-Known Member

Very sorry about your loss.
    Chris

7. CanTaur

CanTaur New Member

Prayers for everyone on this thread, I also lost my husband of 27 yrs unexpectedly. We had coffee together that morning on 5/5/21 and he told me he loved me and I went off to work. He was going into work later that day. We texted each other throughout the day. My last text from him was at 3:30 pm and by 4:10 pm I was receiving a call from the Police verifying who I was and that my husband was en route to the hospital, but was unresponsive. I didn't even register what that meant. He was only 56. I have hit a few milestones early, his birthday was the following week and I have had my birthday. The 13th of this month was our wedding anniversary. We had no children. I can relate reading these posts, the fog you feel, sleepless nights and just the constant heartache. It took me 3 weeks to enter the grocery store. I'm still shaking my head asking "Did this really happen". Trying to find my "new normal".

8. JenniferY

JenniferY Well-Known Member

Oh dear hugs to you. I am here if you need to talk.

CanTaur likes this.
  9. Lisa H

Lisa H Member

I too lost my husband suddenly. My 17 year old son and I found him dead on our living floor. We too tried cpr. Don't know what he died from. They said natural causes. He was 54. His mother died 9 days before him. So my children lost their dad and Gramma.

Van Gogh likes this.
  10. Debra M

Debra M Well-Known Member

11. Debra M

Debra M Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry for your loss!! I know how painful it is, because I lost my husband last Friday, and it has been extremely difficult to eat, sleep, or do anything at all! I have cried so much that I feel so worn out, both physically and emotionally. And I have two children, both daughters, 17 years old, and 14 years old... my heart goes out to you.