*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

My husband died a few nights ago

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by Kelli79, Aug 1, 2021.

1. Kelli79

Kelli79 Member

I'm so lost. My husband died in bed next to me a few nights ago. He was only 44. He had fallen asleep sitting up in bed. I was getting ready to turn off the lights and put up my laptop and I noticed he slumped forward and I reached out to wake him and tell him to lie down. But he fell sideways when I touched him. My daughter called 911, she is only 17 and Daddy's little girl. My son is 19 and he helped me try to situate him so I could attempt CPR, but I couldn't remember how and couldn't clear an airway. This is all so unreal. He was vibrant and strong and now he is gone. My daughter is about to start her senior year and I am so wrecked right now.

2. Angelfish

Angelfish Member

Welcome. Please be gentle with yourself. It’s been 2 years since I lost my mom and almost 2 years since I lost my best friend. It’s still a daily struggle.

3. Ndannenmiller

Ndannenmiller Member

4. Ndannenmiller

Ndannenmiller Member

So sorry. I found my husband in bed 21 days ago and I thought he was sleeping. I called 911 and gave compressions until they arrived but he did not have a pulse.
    He was my true love. We finally found each other and had the most wonderful life. I’m so lonely and sad without him. We were business partners and worked from home together. I don’t know how to fill my days.

It feels like yesterday.

Kelli79 likes this.
  5. Kelli79

Kelli79 Member

It's the most horrible feeling. I'm sorry and I will pray for you and hope you pra

6. Kelli79

Kelli79 Member

Ndannenmiller likes this.
  7. Ndannenmiller

Ndannenmiller Member

I will pray for you

8. Kelli79

Kelli79 Member

Thank you. If anyone replies and it takes a while for me to reply back, please don't be offended. This is very new to me and I can't keep track of time very well. I daze out sometimes and I have a lot of confusion right now.

9. Ndannenmiller

Ndannenmiller Member

My fog is slowly lifting. It’s been 22 days I just drove my car yesterday. Everything is so strange now. Today is my husband’s birthday

10. Kelli79

Kelli79 Member

I'm so sorry honey. I'm so dreading those special days. Nathan did most of the driving and the car is so full of him. It's so hard.

11. Ndannenmiller

Ndannenmiller Member

Rick did most of the driving also, we are surrounded by them and they aren’t here it’s just so unreal. I hope things get easier. One hour at a time!

12. Kelli79

Kelli79 Member

I know. I made Nathan my whole world. We had the kids, but we always knew that the kids would grow up and start their own lives. We were dreading it, but we were supposed to have each other. It's very hard. I'm told it gets easier. I hope so. I know we have to keep going.

Ndannenmiller likes this.
  13. JenniferY

JenniferY Well-Known Member

Hugs please reach out to us if you need to talk

14. Kelli79

Kelli79 Member

Thank you

15. JenniferY

I am in the chat room if you want to come over. Honestly, I could use someone to talk to. I am staring at this screen trying not to say or do anything stupid.

Kelli79 likes this.
  16. Kelli79

Kelli79 Member

I'm sorry I didn't get to the chat in time to talk to you sweetie. I'm praying for you right now.

17. JenniferY

I had to go get my kids from work sorry

Kelli79 likes this.
  18. Kelli79

Kelli79 Member

Don't apologize. I just wish I had been on when you were needing someone.

19. JenniferY

Like wise for you. We lost our son he was eight. I wish I only had grief of him but no it is marriage issues the struggle never ends

20. JenniferY

We join in at 8:30 PM and a few at 8:00 am to chat.

Kelli79 likes this.