*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

My daughter passed and I just can't stop blaming myself

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by Angie328, May 27, 2021.

1. Angie328

Angie328 New Member

11 months ago I lost my 16 year old daughter. She drowned and try hard as I may, I can't find a way to forgive myself. She had mild epilepsy and while were back behind the house in the pool I suddenly needed to run to the bathroom and in the time I was gone until the time I came back she must have had a seizure and drowned in the pool. She wasn't even in the deep end!

If I hadn't left her alone none of this wouldn't have happened. Maybe the seizure would have still happened, but I would have been there for her and the water wasn't even that deep. She died because of me and I am just not able to forgive myself.

2. sue54

sue54 Member

Please don't blame yourself. I blamed myself to. My daughter was 40 when she passed , she also had seizures. I had moved out of state and I also kept blaming myself. I said if I didn't move maybe she would still be here. I never got to say good bye to her. Her husband would not do an audtopsy so I will never know how she died . Please seek help. I did and I am thankful I got the help. Please know how much your daughter loved you. Thinking of you sue54

3. maybejamies

maybejamies New Member

She did not die because of you, awe please don’t blame yourself. I’m so sorry this has happened, but nobody can be around someone else for 24 hours straight. I’m so sorry for your loss. Here if you need to chat.