*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

my brother is gone

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by jennbabe, May 16, 2020.

1. jennbabe

jennbabe Guest

my brother, my only sibling, passed unexpectedly of a heart attack in December. I am beyond devastated. I can barely breathe.

we were raised by our g/parents who passed 20+ years ago so I am on my own. literally. our Father wanted nothing to do with his death, our Mother did come from out of state but is back now and back to zero communication.

this lockdown gave me the much needed time to grieve. and I have received 4 very clear signs that he is with me! you see, my brother and I hadnt spoken in almost 10 years. his choice, never mine. so sympathy was nonexistent after his passing but I assure you it is no less painful. I have dealt with this all alone and thats why Im here.

thank you for reading

2. cg123

cg123 Well-Known Member

So sorry for the loss of your brother. I know how devastated you feel. I, too, lost my only sibling, my sister, a year ago. We were extremely close and she was also my best friend whom I lived with. Both our parents passed - my mother almost 30 years ago and my father 10 years ago. I was never close to my cousins and am also literally on my own - which is a terrible feeling so I understand what you are feeling.

Yes this lockdown gives one much needed time to grieve and think about things. I'm glad that you have received clear signs that he is with you now - I truly believe in that because I have received such signs too!

I am sorry that you do not have any communication with your father and mother which makes you feel even more alone. I wish you the best and stay strong!

3. jennbabe

jennbabe Guest

thank you so much

the pain in my heart and head is excruciating. our family is not close and most are out of state so Ive been on my own, happily, for a looong time. and Im just fine. but that fone call changed my life. it broke me. the only thing keeping me together is the signs Ive received

I am sorry for your loss as well and I appreciate you reaching out to me

cg123 likes this.