*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

My brother committed suicide

Discussion in 'Suicide Loss' started by Antoinette03!, Aug 20, 2018.

1. Antoinette03!

Antoinette03! New Member

it’s been a year on the 21st of August that my brother who was my best friend decided he cldnt handle the emotional pain of our dad’s death nearly 9yrs ago. My brother finally decided to end his life on the 21st around 6am 1yr ago. We had talked just the night before and then he texted me that morning telling me he loved me and then called me but I missed the call. He had called the police himself and then shot himself with a 22 right in the middle of his chest at a peaceful spot in his mind. I have never forgotten that week our last words to each other and the last time I saw him. I miss him dearly and my other brother n I are struggling to stay alive ourselves. I just think if I wld of heard my phone maybe he wld still be here . I blame myself because we went through a lot together and I was always there for him talking him down from suicide or er visits due to suicidal intentions I had taken care of him for so long. He was 26 yrs old when he died

2. Michele Wood

Michele Wood Well-Known Member

Suicide loss is so tough because survivors always blame themselves. It sounds, though, like your brother was determined to carry it out by using a gun. My l a te husband had a suicide attempt the week before he was successful though he had been in emotional turmoil for years.

Good luck.

3. Missmyangels

Missmyangels Active Member

My brother also shit himself in the chest.. it will be a year on September 23rd.. the phone call I received still plays over and over in my mind.. all of it does. He was always happy, living the best life. He hid his demons so well. All of the hundreds of people who came to the memorial were in complete shock. No one had any idea that he was struggling inside. He never said anything to anyone! So many people, myself included, would have moved mountains to help him if we only knew. I miss him every day.. I can't get over it. A year later and I'm still in complete shock

4. Missmyangels

Missmyangels Active Member

Omg... He SHOT HIMSELF. STUPID AUTOCORRECT!!!!!!!

5. Kellyj72

Kellyj72 Member

My partner hung himself 22nd October 2019, less than 3 months ago. I found him at 3.58pm...i think about the ways i could have tried to save him also, run senarios in my head about it, over and over again. We are torturing ourselves, and the guilt....i have so much guilt its awful. Does it ever get easier, cause i pray it does. I think, that your brother was lucky to have u. U cared about him, he knew this thats why he tried to call u. But he had already decided to do it, just like my partner. My partners family abondoned both of us and this upset him so much. Your brother was lucky to have you in his life. You deserve to be happy. Stay strong.

6. caleigh nicole

caleigh nicole New Member

I, too, had a conversation with my brother just the night before he committed suicide. He had asked me to come over to his house to hang out. I told him I couldn't. He texted me at 1:21 in the morning saying "Love you." I was asleep. The next morning the police came to inform us he was dead. My brother was also my best friend. He had attempted suicide once before and struggled for his entire life. But my defenses were down because he had been convincing us all that was okay and satisfied with life. We talked about experiencing the rest of our lives as not only best friends, but brother and sister. I'm struggling with the fact that I am now an only child, so hold your other brother tightly. I wish I had someone who could understand.

7. Jennifer Aime

Jennifer Aime New Member

Hey, I would love to talk to you because I just lost my little brother (he's 5 years younger) at age 25 on September 21 2019. He jumped off of the 23rf floor of a nice hotel he was staying at. I was with him when he jumped. My email is jlaime28@gmail.com and I'll give you my number.