*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

My best friend &wife of 56 wonderful years

Discussion in 'Finding it Difficult to Move Foward' started by Ray, May 28, 2017.

1. Ray

Ray Member

MY WIFE WENT WITH THE LORD ON ARP.22 ND 2017 I CAN HARDLY FUNCTION WITH OUT HAVING
    A TOTAL BREAKDOWN . HAVE VERY LITTLE FAMILY FOR SUPPORT .HOW DO I GET PAST SOME OF THIS GRIEF. IT IS EATING ME UP.

2. Tinamarie48

Tinamarie48 New Member

I so feel your pain. I lost my husband suddenly this year.

3. Clarey

Clarey New Member

I lost my husband of 43 years last October and it is getting harder than it was at first

4. Tinamarie48

Tinamarie48 New Member

Clarev,

I am so sorry. I can truely say i understand and feel the same way. It seems to be harder now that at first. I think at first you are so busy and not thinking straight. As time goes by you have more to think and memories keep appearing. Take care and post anytime.

griefic likes this.
  5. Colin edmonds

Colin edmonds New Member

I truly feel for all of you. I lost my incredible wife of 50 years of marriage just 5 weeks ago. I really thought I was stronger than this but realize I'm not. It's so hard to deal with daily without the ones we loved so much and must now function without them. Simple chores like making the bed alone just do I put her pillow in place, the list goes on. People say just give it time, and I'm sure, time will tell.

6. griefic

griefic Administrator Staff Member

Hi Colin. I'm so sorry for your loss. After 50 years of marriage, 5 weeks is really no time at all to adjust to this change. Loss is loss, but loss is also change, and while missing this loved one is so very hard, it's also adapting and adjusting to this change (a change we never wanted and never asked for) that also takes so long. Be patient with yourself and know there are people here who understand. Thank you for allowing us to be on this journey with you and if you have any questions about the site, please just let me know. Take care~

7. Katie D

Katie D New Member